Tank Johnson suspended 8 games

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by yisman, Jun 4, 2007.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He better be a good boy to make it only 6 games.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Oh brother, give me a freaking break already Tank..arrested, convicted, sentenced and served and he gets only 8 games, maybe only 6... and is allowed to play in the Super Bowl, what a freaking crock!!!

Goodell you stink!!!

4. Zach49ers

Zach49ers Here 4 sweets's Smutties

its a mad mad mad world out there

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Exactly what I thought.

Dude shouldn't of played in the Super Bowl and should be suspended the entire season.

6. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

sorry to disagree with you Sweets (I know I love yeh)
    But Tank has already been in jail for his crime,so the NFL throwing the book at him isnt going to do anybody any good..out of all the NFL trubble makers that Roger Goodell is craking down on,wich ones went to jail...and some of them where far worst crimes..IMO

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Unless Tank Johnson gets in trouble between now and week 6 of the NFL season, I fully expect to see him in uniform when the Bears are in Philly to play the Eagles week 7. Tank has showed signs of trying to better his life. His best friend aka body guard getting shot I really do think opened up his eyes to make the attempt.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Adi, I know you love me...lol however as Mr. STinker has said not being convicted has nothing to do with how he is passing out sentences, so that being said, he should have gotten nailed a hell of a lot harder then he did. It's not a matter of him serving his sentence so now he's a good ole boy, as I said, Goodell has made it perfectly clear that the NFL doesn't go by the same rules as society.

9. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Tank is a good man.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah, we know all good men serve time in jail:rolleyes:

11. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I heard he behaved when he was in jail.

12. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

Sweets,
    IMO I think this has put the craps up Tank and over the coming months we are going to see a changed man...

as far as the NFL letting him off..well he did have a one game ban by the Bears last season,also the guy is going to get 6 week ban if he toes the line and on top of all that he spent time behnd bars..all this has got to start sinking in that it could all go pear shape for Tank if he dont start to change..

PS..still love yeh babe;)

13. beareezyfaneezy

beareezyfaneezy Starter

I hope Tank can turn things around and keep himself out of trouble. The Bears are going to need him in the middle if they hope to make another run at the Super Bowl.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

He did...

15. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

Tank is going to be missed..