Texans Re-Sign QB Matt Leinart To A Two-Year, $5.5M Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Matt Leinart has agreed to stay with the Houston Texas. The deal is for two years and $5.5 million deal and contains $3.75 million in guarantees, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Leinart later acknowledged the deal on his Twitter account. "I am excited to be a Texan," Leinart wrote. "Ultimately, I had to do what was best for me at this point. People can question the decision, but it was the right one for me. I love the organization, coaching staff and my teammates. Excited to get back to Reliant tomorrow and get back to work." Leinart was released by the Arizona Cardinals during the preseason last August and spent 2010 as a backup with Houston.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  2. The Seahawks supposedly had an agreement with Leinart but he's headed back to Houston.

This years free agency feels like 'national signing day' for NFL players.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bs4-LtLlc0]‪You, Yes You, Did Something Stupid‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

I LOVE FREE AGENCY...CHAOS

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...Redskins did to. Awesome.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

5.5 million dollars with what hes accomplished so far in the NFL is a fortune for him at this point in his career....i still think he can be a good player but damn, i wish i could make that much money for sucking at my job and never living up to my potential

7. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Our money is going to the wrong places: back up O-lineman, back up QB, & a WR that will lose his job this year to an undrafted F/A. Idk how about a S or vet CB or a DT.:crackhead:

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

IN my opinion Matt Leinart has been a bust ever since he came into the league. The only thing I think he could possibly get better is if Pete Carrol ever can become his head coach. Cause they worked great together at USC

9. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

:rofl:

10. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

I know Kube likes him a lot, pretty sure he told him he'd be the #2. Dan-O will get cut soon and Schaub has been known to be injury prone. Only thing.....is will TJ Yates beat him out for the #2 in pre-season.