The 2018 offseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 8, 2018.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

I get that part how the nfl seems to think it is its own country and can pass judgment without due process, I mean unless there's video evidence.

how do you get a grand jury indictment 14months after the fact with zero corroborating evidence ? I am supposed to believe that the one spot Bennett found to attempt to get on the filed wasn't under video surveillance ?

meh, whatever.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Not to mention that it was the freakin' Super Bowl, and there were like 1000 cameras on the field.

But yeah...if he's not suspended (even if he gets cleared of all charges) it'll be BS...

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Rams added Ndamuking Suh, Aquib Talib, Marcus Peters...and now they're trying to land Odell Beckham? Didn't they get the memo? Dream Teams don't work in the NFL. Back when the Eagles sucked we had a really fun time when they did that...

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

they could actually be good additions, seems more like adding decent vets that can paly. issue is, with guys like beckham (if they get him) and suh, if go there and start their attitudes, its gonna get ugly.

but I do have goff on my fantasy team so ..... :thumbsup:

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

1994/95 49ers dream team certainly worked out.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Thanks to the refs swallowing the flags in that Deion pass interference no call in the NFCCG. Just like Michael Irvin, I'll always be bitter about that. They stole our three-peat :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Rams keep trying to build their dream team by adding Brandin Cooks. They are gonna be hella tough.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's Super Bowl or Bust for the Rams in 2018. That roster is unsustainable. Donald, Gurley and Goff have looming extensions, and now Brooks? That's almost half of your cap right there.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

On the other hand, Bellichick doesn't trade for 1st round picks. He usually trades them away. Is it possible the Patriots will look to trade up with their two first-round picks to take a shot at this year's strong QB class? Brady can't play forever......can he?

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys have cut Dez Bryant, and even though his numbers no longer justified his massive contract and it was clearly time to move on, it still broke my heart a little.

Thanks for the memories, Dez, but if you go to Philadelphia or Washington, I'll hate you. I'll understand it totally...but I'll hate you.

11. DawkinsINT

Hopefully he goes to the AFC. I don't want him in Philly. Or even Washington.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He did say "I'll see you guys twice this year" while walking out of the building. I can't see him going to the Giants. OBJ is already the Alpha WR diva there, so those are the only two options.

13. DawkinsINT

Wow...he really said that? I'm guessing he said it out of anger more than he's actually talked to another team in the NFC East.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It would be tampering and Jerry will file a grievance faster than Dez has run in the past couple of years. Unless he talked to them in the 5 minutes between when he was cut and said that :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

I hear quite a few people think that Dak is a big reason for Dez being cut. Interesting.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He just never got to the level of understanding he achieved with Romo. I did notice a lot of times Dak forcing the ball to Dez. He had like a 50% catch rate, or something, not to mention all those tipped passes that ended up intercepted.

Romo could throw the ball with his eyes closed, and Dez would always catch it. Always. I the red zone they were unstopabble in '13 and '14. Such a shame he couldn't do the same for Dak.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

11/11 - you need to get up here for the game TJ. ill have a safe haven for you at our tailgate.

make it happen bro.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You're aware I'm both Mexican and a Cowboys fan, and you're inviting me to a red state, right? xD

I'm almost afraid to try to renew my visa (I should've done it before Trump's inauguration, but I love procrastinating and it wasn't necessary at the time), but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the invitation!! :D

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

you'd be fine with our group my man, we are very diverse. its all about having a good time.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Jason Witten is retiring and replacing Jon Gruden in the MNF booth. That one I did not see coming, but seems only natural. We're clearly transitioning away from the Romo era. This is Dak's team now, and the window with his bargain contract will close very soon. In two years, to be exact.

Hall of Fame lock. Maybe even 1st ballot. He only trails Gonzalez in Tight End stats.