The 2019 Offseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Feb 6, 2019.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sure, it's still one month to go to free agency (and the start of the new league year) but I've been reading some news, and the most interesting ones come from Philadelphia where Nick Foles wants to leave, but the Eagles won't make it so easy for him.

The Eagles exercised their option on Foles.

Then Foles opted out. Apparently it was a "mutual option" (that's new).

Now apparently the Eagles will use the franchise tag on Foles hoping to trade him for a high draft pick.

Who will bite? I'm guessing they won't trade him within the division so the Giants and Redskins are out, so all I can think of is Jacksonville or Denver...or maybe Oakland.

As for my Cowboys, the number 1 priority will be to get DeMarcus Lawrence paid. Word says he'll demand Donald/Mack money but I don't think he's worth it. Also extensions for Cooper, Dak and even Zeke are necessary, although not urgent. Zeke has already threatened to hold out if he doesn't get an extension this year. The Cowboys have cap room for the first time in my life, and all will have to be used to keep our core players, which only means we have been drafting well lately...

Stay tuned...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Flacco traded to the Broncos. I thought that was where Foles would end up. I'm guessing Jacksonville may be his next top destination.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I wonder what the thought process was. The Broncos are probably sending a mid-round pick for Flacco, who's still owed $66 million for the next three years (not guaranteed, though). If Foles is tagged, he'd command about $25 million guaranteed, for one year only. They could've send the same mid-round pick for Foles, a younger and better (IMO) QB than Flacco. Then play Foles for a year and see if he can repeat the magic of his past two years in Philadelphia.

Or maybe the Eagles think they can get a 1st round pick for Foles?

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Mike Garafolo said the Broncos had no interest in Foles. They looked into him as only a secondary option.