The 2019 Offseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Feb 6, 2019.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm still in shock by DeMarcus Lawrence's new deal. His agent gets to announce it as a 6-year 100+ million when in reality is a 3-year 60 million which will surely be voided or re-made after year 2, and doesn't send all the cap hits to future years.

It took 25 years, but the Joneses are finally starting to understand how this salary cap thing works.

I still think the salary cap is communist, though...

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

4 years, 140 million the extension for Russell Wilson.

That's a lot of dough...

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not a bad payday at all. Kinda weird how he shot a live vid in bed with his chick. I wonder how it will affect Wentz getting extended.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wentz won't have as much guaranteed money due to his injury history. He better play all 16 games in a season soon. You can use his 5th year option next year, then two franchise tags (the Cousins special) before deciding anything...I would hang on to that thought...

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The team wants to extend him now before he has a monster season and his value becomes much higher. They seem certain by the moves they've made that they have their guy. Where Wentz and his agent are on dollars and waiting or not is what is really interesting. It's a tricky situation for both sides. I hope they lock him up soon to give more future flexibility with climbing salaries. His ability is worth the injury risk for me.