The 2019 preseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jul 26, 2019.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Might as well...

Training camp began this week. Ezekiel Elliott won't report with the Cowboys and this reminds me of the Emmitt Smith holdout in 1993. I hope this time it won't take a 0-2 start to sign him.

Training camp battles? Any interesting preseason story line? Dawk? Are you still with me? XD

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I mostly care about injuries during training camp, but there is some real interesting things happening with the Eagles. Wentz and Desean Jackson supposedly have shown great chemistry. Can't wait to see that in a game. I'm curious about how Miles Sanders will look in his backfield battle with Jordan Howard. I'm not psyched about Howard so I hope Sanders flashes.

TJ likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

Of course the Eagles lose Nate Sudfeld to a broken wrist in their first preseason game. He probably won't be back until October or so and they need to find a veteran backup because the others they have are young or garbage. I hope they sign Sam Bradford or Josh Johnson.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha. Bradford commands at least a 20 million salary, doesn't he? :D

Just remember whoever you sign will guide you through the last weeks of the season and the playoffs.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

Surgery went well for Sudfeld so now it appears he shouldn't miss any more than 4 games. They will probably stick with what they have unless there's a decent veteran cut elsewhere.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Word from Cowboys camp is that Dak Prescott turned down a 30 million per year offer and demanded 40 million per year.

That's what happens when you play GM and tell everybody you'll pay your guy 2 full years before he becomes eligible. You lose leverage.

I'm actually surprised Dak didn't demand 50 million. He's being a team player, after all...

7. DawkinsINT

Another preseason game and another Eagles backup QB hurt. Since Wentz won't be playing this preseason (I pray), they are currently down to one QB available. They'll need to sign someone to the slaughter.