The 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow...per Schefter:

Trade, pending physical: Patriots are trading TE Rob Gronkowski and a seventh-round pick to the Buccaneers for a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That Tampa Bay offense sure is going to be interesting this year. I'm surprised the Bucs only sent a 4th, though...everybody was talking about a swap of 1st round picks.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Yeah, dude, I can tell that yesterday my phone and Facebook feed were blowing the f**k up.

Should be a great year... if it happens.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys signed Andy Dalton and the fandom has gone crazy.

No. It's not leverage for the Dak negotiations, come on.

The way I see it, after a decade with Jon Kitna, Brad Johnson, Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, Kellen Moore and Cooper Freakin' Rush as the back-up QBs, it's like they finally realized they need a solid #2. Especially McCarthy whose life was miserable when he lost Rodgers for a long time.

I love the move. If anything, if Dak holds out or whatever now we have insurance.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think it's a good move too. I would have preferred the Eagles sign him over drafting Hurts.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I wanna see what's going to happen with these monster QB contracts, i.e., the one Dak was eventually going to sign, if caps shrink due to decreased fan attendance.

Teams are going to have to rethink what they're paying players if there's no longer that sort of money coming in, yea?

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I always thought the worst case scenario is the cap staying put, rather than shrinking. It currently raises by 10% every year and GMs know that, back loading bonus money in future years, and pretty much spending that extra 10% in advance.

If it starts going down, it will be a real problem. Now I'm almost glad Dak hasn't signed...I'd rather go the franchise tag route with him at this point...