The Death Of Pro Wrestling

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Has the IWC, Internet Wrestling Community killed professional wrestling? With the prescreened show results being posted, story lines being leaked, and the constant negativity and backslash that comes from the fans, have we killed something we all loved at one point in time?
    I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm just as guilty. But I am curious if anyone elses thinks this way.

2. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I would agree with this, and I am just as guilty as you are Mike. I always check the spoilers before the recorded shows come on, and if I don't see anything that interest me, I won't watch.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Since I dont get MyTV1 or whatever that bullcrap is, I cant see Smackdown so I read the results. Then I read every other spoiler and 'breaking news' piece there is. I'm horrible about it

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I used to watch wrestling and I stopped...not because of the internet but because the story lines and the wrestlers gimmicks were just bad. I just found it boring. I stopped right after the Rock/Stone Cold Era/DX/NAO Era. Nothing has really been worthy of bringing me back in.

Different perspective?

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Wrestling has gone down hill ever since they went from WWF to WWE.
    I think this was the last exciting thing I have seen from them

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K30gm2OFhY]YouTube - Ring collapse - Big Show Brock Lesnar[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  6. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

the WWf to WWE change almost did it for me but i watched for a little while after that and it just got stupid. i watch it from time to time when they actually aren't talking but they talk to much now

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I have watched pro wrestling since I was a kid, and that's been more than 40 years ago. I agree with you that there's too much talk and too little wrestling. In a two hour wrestling show, you may get, if you're lucky, one hour of actual wrestling. In the WWE's case, they spend too much time promoting their next PPV, IMO.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

this

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The death has been the poor storylines, the weak personalities and the lower standards of the product in general.

In the past, the top guys were special in one way or another, guys like Hogan, Warrior, Undertaker, Hart, HBK, Rock, Austin etc. The top guys now don't compare to any of the era's which is why the WWE now is so uninspiring and bland.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

plus when you grow up and become a man watching roided out meat slaves in tights doesnt do have the same appeal.

11. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I used to watch wrestling too. Then I turned 13.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

If you having nothing to add to the point of the thread, move on

Thanks

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

For me, it was at it's peak with the vintage wrestlers...Hogan, Savage, George Steele, Steamboat, Andre the Giant, Big John Studd, Hart Foundation, Bulldogs...

I found interest again during the Stone Cold Era and got into the WCW at that time too but since the merger and the exit of the Rock and Stone Cold...haven't really watched since.

14. dublin mike

The WWE seems to be more about merchandising to the kids now rather than putting on shows to entertain anymore.

TNA has potential to be good, but I think their biggest downside is that they never televise a show outside of Orlando.

15. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Economic tough times. It is hard to find good script writers for the Male Soap Operas. Vince will survive and come back stronger. Crap happens and life goes on. I actually loved the Next kicking John Cena's butt all over the arena on Raw. :icon_cheesygrin:

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im always gonan be a wrestling fan because i watched it even before i watched sports since i was a little kid but i gotta say it was more fun to watch without knowing everything like the leaked stoys and so on.

17. dublin mike

I really enjoyed that as well, and not necessarily b/c Cena got his butt kicked. The element of surprise at the end of the shows has been lost. That's what was so great about that ending, was that no one saw it coming.

18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

From what Ive read, its teh Merch that keeps WWE so profitable. Same with TNA. They make more on the shirts at house shows than they make in ticket sales and foods

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

When is TNA usually on? Is it overall a better product than WWE?

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

In my opinion, the WRESTLING is better in TNA than WWE. The issue with TNA is their pushing of ancient stars to draw in viewers.

You can find TNA on Spike @ 9pm Thursday Nights