The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Marty

Marty Rookie

God Bless you and your family man

ragman likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

So far so good in FA...

O-Line addresses with a top FA - Larry Warford
    Defense will be solid with Fairley coming back and Rankins looked solid when healthy. I think our talent at DT is the best in a very long time.
    A.J. Klein COULD end up being solid at MLB, we shall see.. hate the Anthony is looking more like a bust. Maybe Mike Nolan can get him where he needs to be!!

But Cooks, at age 23, why are they wanting to trade this guy? It seems like he will become the type of talent that you just don't let go.. like a Antonio Brown or TY Hilton. If he really does end up getting traded they better get "the farm" or I'll be pretty upset BECAUSE we need a life after Peyton!

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The Cooks trade just means the rich keep getting richer.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Love the Warford signing. Instant upgrade from Lelito and Kelemente. While Kline won't be a second coming of Kuechly, he knows the position and that is better than Anthony. Can't believe Anthony can't diagnose plays. Cooks didn't want to be here any more. He said that wasn't the case but when you complain after a big win, that shows he is a stats guy. Open guy get the ball in this system. Not sure if I am happy about the trade. I think that if they would have not been so open about wanting to trade him, even though Cooks agent did a lot of the leaking, the Saints could have gotten a better deal. The only thing good about the 32 pick is the 5th year option. The list of 32 picks succeeding is very small. And sending our high 4th for a compensatory 3rd is a head scratcher. Now, if we get Butler for a second or third then I would feel better about everything.

5. Kurt

Man Butler is just another "pay me" homeboy. We trade one knucklehead for peanuts and then may sign another to a mega deal? Butler is the product of a very good defense in my opinion, I think he'd still be asked to cover the #2. But it's going to take top 5 salary to get him plus a draft pick... meh... who was that DB we got from PITT? As soon as he got his big payday he turned to crap.. Saints have had so many free agent bust it's not even funny. I say they avoid big money FA and then draft a couple QB's and develop them and trade their asses like NE does LOL

6. Kurt

YES IT WAS A BULLSHIT TRADE - I'd never trade a 23 year old phenom to the best team in the NFL. It's just shooting yourself in the foot!

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He's the best WR Brady has had since Randy Moss. Nice job, Saints...

Kurt likes this.
  8. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed. he should've been traded to the eagles.

9. Buck Fenson

should have, to put it in Falcon terms, choked up the 1 round pick.

10. Kurt

why not, we've traded y'all most of our all-pro talent so far... for like 5th round picks.

11. Buck Fenson

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Word. I miss the good old days of the board.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  13. Kurt

it will pick up come NFL season... we'd still have a fairly engaged audience if we never let the s**t hit the fan with Walnuts and 86ward.. but that's water under the bridge... I'd expect this upcoming season to be easier on folks to jump into the conversation without some of those imposing personalities to run them off.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  14. Kurt

at least with this radio silence we don't have any Trump headlines here..............

Buck Fenson likes this.
  15. Buck Fenson

rookie camp wrapping up. then OTAs, the month of nothingness then Training Camp!!. Only 3 more months!

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I still try to have a look every day. Like the past 12 years or so...

Buck Fenson likes this.
  17. Kurt

do I tore my meniscus in a car wreck.. didn't realize it was from the car wreck because while it hurt afterwards, it wasn't locking up. It took about 3 months after the crash before my knee really started acting up daily and locking up...

so I go to the doctor and tell him I don't know how it happened... he repairs it.. when they wake me up from the procedure the doctor said there was damage under my knee cap.. when he said that it made me remember my car wreck and my knee hitting the dashboard.. I was kind-of excited because I finally figured out what happened to my knee, to me it was clear and all came together in my head... it made sense.

so I file the insurance claim with my car insurance company (USAA) and after 6 months they DENY THE CLAIM because the doctor didn't draw the paperwork up as car wreck repair (or whatever)..

whats funny is the insurance company denied the claim the same day the doctor sent me to collections for due balance.. it's as if they coordinated the denial with the collection department ... maybe as a way to get me to not fight them?????

idk... all I know is a hate insurance companies.. they suck. I'm going to end up having to hire a damn attorney to sort this crap out. after paying insurance for the last 22 years without a medical claim you would think they would make this s**t a lot easier!!

to make matters worse I was hit by an uninsured motorist, so MY insurance company is fighting me, instead of fighting the person that hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just venting...

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

What the f**k happened to this place? I guy leaves for a few years and everything goes to s**t? Am I still a Super Mod lol?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The place just wasn't the same without you.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey!! I remember you...I think...