The NFL Personal Conduct Policy: Not Worth the Paper It’s Printed On

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SportsChump, Apr 11, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Of all the rules Commissioner David Stern enforced in his thirty years presiding over the NBA, his dress code legislation was one of the most criticized.

At one point, too many players began showing up to games or press conferences looking a little too hip-hop for the Commissioner’s tastes. Concerned about the image of his league, Stern enforced a dress code.

Please continue at: http://sportschump.net/2014/04/11/nfl-personal-conduct-policy-worth-paper-printed/13643/

Aussie61 and DawkinsINT like this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Letting these players continue to play no matter what they do off the field is not going to affect the majority of NFL fans into not watching the games. At the same time, if the best player on every NFL team was suspended for behavior off the field, I don't think it would have a huge impact for the NFL either. Fans love the sport itself more than the players. Seems to me like no matter what he does, people will watch.

(I don't know what my point is either.)

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

You're right, Dawk. Apparently we just don't give a crap either. So why should the NFL, right?

It's just be nice to see them put their foot down.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

guess that is why Arena football is so popular. and UFL also. I get your point but people like to see talent on the field. otherwise the teams would put crap on the field. Just ask any Oakland, Minnesota or Jacksonville fan.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Buck...

I think I've changed my tune a little bit over the years.

I see why Goodell didn't further suspend Vick. His justification was that he had already served his time.

I just wonder if there will ever come a time that Goodell will put his foot down.

Maybe I'm too judgmental but here's the league's conduct policy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2798214

Tell me who hasn't violated it lately and what, if anything, they've suffered as a result.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

The commish wants a Utopia for a workplace and it is very hard to live up to that standard when you are a 21-30 year old with millions of dollars at your disposal. Kinda pisses me off when they blow their money, even though it doesn't affect me one way or the other, they were blessed with talent to make the money. I get the wanting of fast cars and loose women. Just have to know when to tighten the purse strings. Anyway, according to the rules, only a married guy, or someone who has plans for the future can stay out of trouble.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Professional sports gives kids a good talking to when it comes to walking around with millions in your pocket before your 21st birthday.

It's just a matter of whether the kids actually listen.