The NFL's Most (And Least) Liked Players

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by 86WARD, Oct 23, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nielsen recently collaborated on a survey with E-Poll Market Research aimed at finding out which NFL players resonated with fans as appealing, and which didn’t. Players’ appeal numbers were scored based on the percentage of those whose response was to “likeâ€￾ the player or “like him a lot.â€￾

First, a quick look at the top of each list. The most-liked player in the NFL is Troy Polumalu, the crazy-haired, high-energy defensive back from the Pittsburgh Steelers, whose appeal rating registers at 63%. Not much surprise there — talent, all-out effort and a roster spot on a nationally popular team go a long way with fans. The league’s least-liked player: Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, the second overall pick in 2010 whose early popularity slipped into reverse as he developed a reputation for dirty play.

Source: The NFL's Most (And Least) Liked Players - Forbes

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Most Liked NFL Players

1. Troy Polamalu (63% appeal)

2. Drew Brees (62% appeal)

3. Charles Woodson (62% appeal)

4. Peyton Manning (59% appeal)

5. Aaron Rodgers (58% appeal)

Most Disliked NFL Players

1. Ndamukong Suh (19% appeal)

2. Jay Cutler (21% appeal)

3. Michael Vick (23% appeal)

4. Randy Moss (24% appeal)

5. Matt Leinart (26% appeal)

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Troy Polomalu number 1? What?

Can't say I agree at all with either list.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

his flowing mane of head and shoulder conditioned hair is blinding the women who obviously are the ones voting here.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I find it more weird that Woodson is on that list that high.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

How does Matt Leinart show up on any list of players most liked or disliked? The dude is completely irrelevant.

Seriously. This list is stupid. Lol

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

for sure. any list of favorite players without Brees number one is stupid. :icon_cool:

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, this is a random sampling of 'fans', so the casual fans probably just threw out names that they could think of.

i like the ones they do when they sample the players themselves because it gives an inside look to what the players are talking about and thinking.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's what I am saying though is the "casual fan" isn't that high on Charles Woodson...if they even know who he is...

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

true. makes me wonder if a large part of the sampling came from the wisconsin area because cutler seemed to receive a lot of 'dislike' votes, and da bears are their main rival.

somewhat suspicious.