The Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sweets, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Here is a place for all you golf fiends to post. Enjoy!!! SRW will be adding icons later.

2. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Good idea Sweets...and by the way...what is up with surgery for Tiger? What happened to him?

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I heard that he had knee problems, had surgery but hasn't had a chance to really rest it, so he's taking time off now to get well. They showed his lil baby...what a cutie..

4. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Woods Set to Have Season-Ending Surgery

Here's what I was gonna post earlier:

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3450453

5. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

All his kids are cute...well..I hope he recovers ok.

Thank you suedon....

6. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

No problem!

I guess Tiger's decision not to have surgery on his ACL has come back to bite him in the butt. If he had done it last year he would've at least had a few months during the off-season to recover.....

7. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

It would be interesting to know if playing this weekend had anything to do with making this surgery required right away.

8. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

That was one long day of golf..that is for sure..and he didn't look too happy either.

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea he does have knee problems. I saw him during the us open limping. I thought he was just doing that cause he wasnt playing too well. but he ended up winning the open. so maybe it is true he will need surgery and his legs really hurt.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He mentioned that the last few holes were especially hard to get through, ACL's etc. makes it extremely difficult to move much less walk.

11. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

No he winced off & on all weekend and then to have to play another 19 holes on Monday i'm sure didn't help. Gotta give him credit for playing through the pain.

12. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

OMG... he announced today that he is out for the rest of the year for surgery... I probably won't watch another tournament all year... this sucks.

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I hear that Tiger. Plus if you watch his swing it puts so much torque on that knee. Looks painful.

14. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

Good luck with that Tiger...

15. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Who Will Take Over Golf In Tiger's Absence?

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/8261050/Who-will-take-over-golf-in-Tiger's-absence?-

16. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

HOLY CRAP! DID YOU GUYS HERE TIGER IS DONE FOR THE YEAR!??!?!

haha I'm an ass