Thoughts On Mcnabb Post Cards Game

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by ball in the baskett, Nov 28, 2008.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Ok so before the cardinals game most people thought the mcnabb era is over. Now that he has bounced back from the baltimore game in a big way what do you think now. With a game like he had yesterday he boosts his stock. Should the eagles use that to trade him for high value next year or keep him. The eagles showed what there capable of being at there full potential yesterday with a healthy westbrook to support mcnabb. Andy not running the ball enough early in the season was a big reason we failed. Do we fire andy bring in a coach that would run the ball more or keep andy and hope we do better next year.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

What should the Eagles do

Fire Reid (No playoffs 3 out of last 4 yeras, barring a major run)
    Hire the OC from Jacksonville (Running game guy)

Keep McNabb

Possibly trade Kolb, as he is a WCO QB. Not saying he has no future, but he was drafted to play in the WCO. Its probobly in both best interest to go in another direction if the Eagles ditch the WCO.

What will happen

The Eagles will keep Reid

McNabb will be traded or cut.

The Eagles 2009 season will hinge on wheather Kolb can play and is ready

3. ball in the baskett

I agree with you there hopefully he doesent get traded andys play calls make him look worse that he is. When you dont run the ball our offense is predictable and makes mcnabb look bad.

4. Jihad Joe

The question is how loyal are the Eagles to McNabb and reid.

Its not an either/or senario, so they could both be back or gone next year.

The way I see it the Eagles seem commited to Reid, while they save alot parting way's with McNabb.

But then again, if Reid misses the playoffs again, anything could happen

5. ball in the baskett

I wonder if mcnabb might have a problem with running the ball more and thats the problem. Cause he wants the game in his hands he even says it during interviews but the stats show the more we lean on westbrook we win. Usually if we lean on only mcnabb like we did the last couple weeks with westy banged up you see what happens. I just want andy gone and mcnabb to be ok with haveing less passes.

6. Jihad Joe

Well McNabb needs to realize what it takes to win in the NFL nowadays

Dominating the game on the ground

7. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I also think this is the most likely scenario. Good post.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What the team does from here on out will determine the fate of both being back next year.

9. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

He'll still be traded. The Cards game plan was awful in the first half, they backed off the LOS far too much and allowed Westbrook to kill 'em making McNabb's life easy.

One game changes nothing in the long run, McNabb has regressed in recent years and is not the player he was. He's still serviceable but the marriage looks like it's heading for divorce. Rape the Vikings for a decent draft pick and insert Kolb (who should be on the field gaining experience the moment the Eagles season officially tanks - ie, next loss).

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

i wonder what mcnabb said to reid and the front office considering he was going to have a sit down with all. :icon_wink:

btw - sanders is a racist pig trying to claim that the fanbase wouldn't have ripped into brady, farve or peyton if they had a bad season. wtf you c**t, do you miss the fact that there actually BLACKS that follow the eagles ? yep deion, i know that comes as a shock to you but there are a few brothas out there that bleed green you ignorant twit. also, go ask jaws if whitie qb's get a free ride in this town.

11. Jihad Joe

Or ask

, [​IMG]

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

ding !

seriously, it amazes me how stupid some of these comentators are and how they still have jobs. sanders adds nothing to the nfl network beyond an emmit smith type element.

actually i'm insulting smith with that comment.

13. Jihad Joe

Moose and Woody are pretty good. Woody needs a better show IMO. Thats pretty much all we got

As a commentator, Deion is an Ex-Redcrap in my eyes.

BTW, Ty wasnt bad, if you put Ty on the 91 team, you probobly would have had a playoff run

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah TY wasn't too bad, the issues were more the lack of talent around him. kind of like with mcnabb.

i'm still a mcnabb fan - i never wanted ricky williams in that draft, we already had duce staley. i just think his time has run out here and his coach/gm/front office are the reasons he won't finish his career here with at least one ring on his fingers.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

GM Andy Reid has to get a FB, 2nd RB, Blocking TE and most of all a WR. DeSean Jackson is a start but he needs someone across from him with more talent. Plain and Simple. If they get those four positions taken care of with players with talent, they'll be fine.

FB - Dan Klecko - Not a FB and it shows as he has no freaking clue what he is doing and who he should be blocking.

RB2 - Buckhalter/Booker - They don't cut it. Get someone less injury prone and more productive.

WR - If you think anyone on the Eagles is good enough to carry the team you are insane. I've said it a million times...the Eagles WR's couldn't be #2's on more than 2/3 the teams in the NFL. They have DeSean Jackson who is young and potentially could be a "#2" guy out of the slot but if you think Curtis is a #2...you're dillusional!

TE - The offseason will tell the fans a lot if they sign LJ Smith. If they sign him, pack it in. If they let him go and sign a guy that can block, they're going in the right direction.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

areed on all points ward. i just don't trust reid to make the right choices. just look at our picks under reid and then look at the next player selected at that position. horrible. i know the draft is a crap shoot at times but just becoming a starter doesn't equal a successful pick in my eyes. becoming an imapct player does and too many of reid's picks never become that.

then toss reid the coach into the mix, refuses to adjust to gametime situations, or can't. does not adjust his gameplanning to his talent. the exception being when garcia went in. it showed thursday night that if the eagles run more of a ball control offense they will be successful but reid's pride gets in the way of that.

if the vikings are as stupid as the dolphins were when they gave us a 2nd round pick for feely and we get a 1st rounder we'd be loaded up with picks including three 1st round spots, even reid can't trade all of those away.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree...Reid won't make any of those moves. They love their draft picks, yet never use their first round ones because they continuously trade down until they think they can get a "deal."

Reid really has to man up and make the right moves...just do it...quit freaking around with these "experiment" players and freaking get it done.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, traded out of the 1st round two straight years while banner said they had no imedaite needs therefore it was wise to do so. they have to realize the rest of the nfc has caught up to them and in several cases passed them and they need to adjust their philosophy to take into account that the pass happy rams are no longer their target.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Banner's nerdy looking butt really needs to go too...

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

you call this adonis a nerd ???

[​IMG]