Ties Yours

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Nov 17, 2008.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed joe. i think minny is an above average QB ie. kerry collins away from being a powerhouse. childress could very well still hold them back from the ultimate goal of bringing home the lombardi but they'd all but have the north wrapped up at this point and be in a position to win it all.

the eagles have talent - do they have enough ? no but they can build on what they have if the right decisions are made and i don't trust reid with that task. i also do not like that the eagles under reid are 10 games under 500 when decided by less than 7 points.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

If they can stay healthy.

That's the biggest problem with gaining super stars, they always seem to get hurt.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With the Eagles, you guys have an elite QB, good offensive line and a great defensive line. thats really what it takes to win in this league. Not saying you are weak everywhere else, but you guys have the ingredients to win a SB, your scheme is just failing you.

Thats why Im worring about Garrett. he bills himself as a run guy, and alot of times he is, but alot of times he looks like he is from the Reid/Martz school of pass hapopy playcalling

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

great defensive lines do not give up 200plus yards rushing multi times a year. we're undersized and have always had issues against power running teams as opposed to a more finesse running team which tries to take it outside. but the defense is definitely in a better position than the offense and they suffer at times because they are on the field way too much.

also, while i'm a mcnabb fan i'm not sure he can wear that elite tag at this point although i have always said and will keep saying until his career is over that he is better suited to run a more traditional offense than a wco which reid should've adjusted to instead of always forcing things. great coaches do that and win championships as a result.

5. Jihad Joe

Elite is subjective, I agree with you on Mcnabb. If you give him an offence more run oriented with alot of PA, he would kill. If you put him in Washington, then compare him with Campbell, you'd think "lol @ Campbell"

Another thing I think the Eagles need to do is take alot off of Westbrooks shoulders. I think the best way to do that would be to draft a HB high. The one problem is is that IDK if there is a true compliment in the first round for him unless they trade up for Well's. But then again, I think the "compliment" thing is overrated. Even tho he isnt a power back, I think Moreno would be fine

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed on mcnabb flourishing in an offense that works off the run and uses PA. we did it in '04 and mmcnabb has his best season. we did it again when we has stallworth and it worked, untill mcnabb got hurt anyway.

there was a good compliment to westbrook sitting there last year - felix jones. but reid elected to trade down and took trevor laws with the extra 2nd rounder we got. plus buckhalter isn't a bum, they just do not use him.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It pisses me off to no end how Reid doesn't give Buck more touches. Especially now with Westbrook banged up. Buckhalter goes 44 yards on his first touch and then only gets one carry the rest of the game last week? Ugh.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Buckhalter makes big plays. He seems to rarely get tackled for a loss. He has great hands and should be used far more than he is.

9. Jihad Joe

Felix would have worked good in Philadelphia. On the downside, he isnt a polished reciver, on the plus side, he is very good at picking up blitz's

With Buckhalter, I worry about those knee's

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

His knees have been fine for 3 seasons. If he gets hit and it becomes a problem, worry about it then. As for now he's a weapon that is not being utilized.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah it amazes me that reid can't wake the heck up. westbrook has said he isn't 100% and can't make cuts - so what does reid do - go to his back-up who has proven over & over he can fill the role ? NO he throws the frigging ball 58 times !!!

square peg round hole with that hecker all the time !! :banghead:

12. Jihad Joe

Him and PParcells would make a great offensive defensive duo

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

:laughy32:

14. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

This also pisses me off, Desean jackson easily is our best reciever but for some reason he was a back-up last week..... they said he was hurt but he practiced fully all week last week so it must not of bothered him so why didnt they start him? reggie brown is probably the badest receiver we have right now, hank baskett or avant would be better off as a starter than him, but reid is to stubborn to change it up or anything, and while we are on this subject can anyone explain 2 me why brent celek isn't starting???............ He is a better blocker and obviously a better catcher if he has more yards in one game than l.j. at that point had in the whole season, That kind of stat kind of explains itself does it not? It just doesnt make any sense to me at all. Its just bad decision by andy reid, just stupid!!

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

it is what it is peeps. this run may have come to an end. i have always felt reid was the main reason we failed in the past but i would love to see him find a way to right this. i just don't see it.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

me iehter im think ya'll need a breathe of fresh air

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

without a doubt omen. you saw proof of that when the same stupid play calling continued with kolb at qb.

the move to kolb itself is a sign that reid is done. why the hell would you do that ? it's obvious that the issues go well beyond the qb position but you still go to this kid in the worst of circumstances ? 2nd and inches and you make kolb drop back on a slow developing play ? why not give the ball to kleco ? qb sneak again ?

look at the beginning of the game, we were going no huddle and we stil had a delay of game. WTF !?!?!?!:banghead:

18. Omen

i heard to day radio tht they (sal P) think Mcnabb is done in philly and reid will stay. as much as i dislike Mcnabb its not his fault its the playcalling, if the eagles had a better running game they would be alot alot better and dont get me wrong westy is great but the dude needs help he connot do it by himsalf

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

wouldn't matter if we had a running game reid wouldn't use it.

also, mcnabb is part of the problem, just not the biggest part.

20. Omen

well if some else come in or he(mcnabb) goes else where they use more effectly