Tiki Barber Says Warren Sapp 'An Idiot' For Michael Strahan Comment

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jun 24, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Warren Sapp believes former Tampa Bay Buccaneers teammate Simeon Rice was a superior player to Michael Strahan.

We know that because Sapp went out of his way to explain this in a recent interview with the Tampa Tribune. Sapp's comments were picked up here and elsewhere, and they eventually reached Tiki Barber, Strahan's longtime teammate with the New York Giants.

"Warren's an idiot," Barber said at a golf event on Monday, according to the New York Post. "He just wants to say things to be idiotic. I played with Stray for my whole career. He is the greatest of the great. He is a great teammate, he kept things light, but on game day he was as serious as a heart attack, and it showed in his play."

Sapp says Strahan's numbers were inflated because he went up against right tackles most of his career. Sapp -- who will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this summer -- said Rice "was a better rusher than Michael Strahan any day of the week and twice on Sunday."

"Warren doesn't know, never played with him," Barber said. "I don't put any credence in his opinion. I hope Stray doesn't let it bother him. I don't think it does."

Source: NFL.com

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

And Tiki thinks his opinion is wanted or needed????

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

He happens to be right...for once...lol.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Right or wrong on his comments, coming from Tiki it just seems to lose a little credibility.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well Tiki didn't play with Rice so by his own criteria that means we should not "put any credence in his opinion", either.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sapp is a craphead,but so is tikki!