Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck Shrugs Off Report Of Saints Bounty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by Sweets, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The New Orleans Saints apparently had a bounty on Matt Hasselbeck apparently during the January 11th game while playing with the Seattle Seahawks. That’s according to information the NFL recently provided a group of reporters. It was part of the league’s bounty investigation involving the Saints. Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Hasselbeck didn't seem to concerned when asked about it. “I don’t know what to believe," Hasselbeck said Wednesday. "I am not following it that closely. I think what I heard was the quarterback, the running back and the top wide receiver were the three names (reportedly on the bounty list for that game). Those are the names you would expect, I guess." “I have been going about my thing, and I really don’t know what to say. I guess there’s been a lot of ‘he said, he said’ in the situation.†In his first season with the Titans last year, Hasselbeck again faced the Saints and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. Hasselbeck had to leave the game in the second quarter after suffering a calf injury while running after a tipped pbutt. “It is an aggressive style of defense, and they are kind of known for their exotic blitz packages and getting hits on the quarterback,†Hasselbeck said. “I think any time you play those guys it’s what you expect.â€

Source: The Redzone