Titans RB Chris Johnson, Bears KR Devin Hester Race A Cheetah

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Titans running back Chris Johnson and Bears kick returner Devin Hester are racing a cheetah to kick off National Geographic Wild channel's "Big Cat Week," according to TheWrap.com.

"This is most incredible challenge I’ve ever faced," said Johnson, running back for the Tennessee Titans. "I wanted to go up against the fastest in the world and test myself, and this was it!â€￾

"The whole idea of racing next to a cheetah for Nat Geo Wild was a very unusual proposition," said Hester of the Chicago Bears. "But it was something I was ready to take on to see if I could get an edge on."

In the program, Hester demonstrates his ability to stop and maneuver in Man vs. Cheetah by running four lengths down and back, in a test designed to reveal significant weaknesses in cheetah evolution and physiology.

"We loved the idea of a face-off like no other between supreme athletes and an alpha predator," said Geoff Daniels, executive vice president and general manager of Nat Geo Wild. "This isn’t sports, it’s amazing science. ... And we are thrilled that Johnson and Hester -- two record-setting NFL pros -- are helping to kick off this unprecedented experiment during our network’s biggest week of the year.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

It gets to 40mph in 3 strides and tops out at 70 where as some of the fastest humans top out at 30 why the heck is this even happening lol.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It's like chad Johnson vs the horse.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

If we're lucky, we'll see the cheetah eat them both.

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

That would be amazing, I'd watch natgeo all the time

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Hester will win easily.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

::cheetah cheater joke::

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

obviously in a straight run of 300 yards or something, the cheetah would dominate. but, the article says it is going to be down and backs and is going to reveal weaknesses in cheetah abilities so maybe the humans will win this one. ??

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

no freaking way lol