Titans RB Chris Johnson Unhappy About Shonn Greene Signing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by Sweets, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson's domain is getting invaded and he's letting it be known he doesn't like it.

With the signing of former New York Jets running back Shonn Greene earlier this month, the Titans have added a back to complement Johnson in the backfield, but the three-year, $10 million contract the Titans gave Greene leaves Johnson feeling threatened and concerned.

"I have never been a big fan of the two-back system, so I don't know how we plan on using him," said Johnson via The Tennessean, reiterating comments he made to NFL.com last month. "I'm not afraid of competition, but I was thinking we'd maybe get a draft pick for the other back. And you don't give a guy that kind of money to be just a goal-line guy and in tough-yardage situations. So we'll see what happens."

Titans coach Mike Munchak said Tuesday he plans to use Greene in all facets of the running attack, not just as a power and goal-line back, and that he might even get some entire series to himself.

It's hard to envision Greene taking over when the Titans have a running back with the ability to change the game in one play, as evidenced by Johnson's 94-yard touchdown run against Greene's Jets last season. But with that run contributing to his only 100-yard game in the Titans final six games of the season, maybe Munchak is giving Johnson a bit of a wake-up call.

Source: NFL.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

"I demand only CJ and fullbacks on this roster."

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Chris Johnson still thinks he's way better than he actually is.