Titans Vs Steelers - Season Opener

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2009.
  1. Titans

42.2%
  2. Steelers

57.8%
  1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The Pittsburgh Steelers host the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field on Thursday 09/10. Kickoff time is 8:30 pm EST

Discuss....​

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers. The Titans will be more worried about when to stomp the towel...

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

On paper Steelers should win this no problem. Will be a good game though, I have kind of a eerie feeling about it. We better not start 0-1, look for Ben to play a great game.

30-20 Pit

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The top secondary in the NFL will make Roethlisberger pay for wheelin' & dealin' out there. I see the Titans winning this one in a nasty hard-hitting game. It should be a fun one to watch.

5. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I expect a loss, actually. Going to be a nasty atmosphere with the fans freaking out about the towel incident. Always a tough game between the two, and Fisher has a great track record against Pitt, but I still see this as a close loss for the Titans.

If Jared Cook plays, it will be very close. I think he would have a huge impact if on the field.

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Gotta go with the Titans. Just watch that game last year. This one will be a lot closer, but with or without Nate Washington, look for a Steelers LOSS that shows no more than 35 combined points.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

im going to say steelers win, 21-17

8. SRW

The Steelers weaknesses on offense play to the Titans strength. The Steelers weak o-Line will be pushed around by an active front seven for Tennessee. Watch the Titans force the Steelers to be one-dimensional on offense and then let their playmakers in the secondary make plays vs Big Ben.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The same scenario can apply except in this case our run defense may force the Titans to have to pass when then Titans strength is clearly to run the ball. Collins will have the ball out of his hands very quickly though which will make our blitz only hurt us, but this game can go either way and I think Pittsburgh will win it.

10. SRW

See the difference with the Titans pass protection is that it's one of the best in the NFL. Collins was barely touched last year. Speed kills and Chris Johnson is going to be used all over the field in mismatches.

11. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I think the Steelers playing at Heinz and there great defense will get the job done.

12. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I agree, but the problem is will they use CJ in that way? They didn't last year, at leas not often enough. That's why i think Cook would be huge in the lineup. He has the ability to expose the seams, in turn opening up the outside for Britt/Gage and even CJ. Cook would also make Scaife that much more dangerous in the passing game. We will need all the help we can get as Pitt, like every other team, will try and make us one-dimensional offensively. If Cook is out it will be much tougher.

Our pass rush will be fine. Outside of the redzone, Heath Miller scares no one and we will be able to blitz Griffin/Hope. Our run D has been stout in the pre-season and the DL is the deepest its ever been. Knock down penalties (Vickerson) and they will dominate.

I'm more worried about what we'll do offensively, factoring in we have no return man (outside of Ringer, but are we sure he will be used?)

13. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I'm going with 13-10 Steelers.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Steelers in a low scoring game.

15. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Titans 24
    Steelers 21 OT

My Upset of the week. Titans have had a good run against da Steelers.

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im picking the titans

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

You haven't watch many Steelers games...lol. He's actually not used enough inside the redzone...imo.

18. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

pitt 21
    ten 17

19. SpankyNoodle

SpankyNoodle Can't Spank the Spank

Steelers!!!

20. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Well then he's of no concern at all, which helps make the safety blitz that much more effective. But any tight end is more dangerous inside the redzone.