Titans Vs Steelers - Season Opener

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2009.
  1. Titans

42.2%
  2. Steelers

57.8%
  1. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I wouldn't say all that.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

If you think so.

4. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Ha, to which part? Going off of what other Pitt fans have said, Miller has been a disappointment. The run game doesn't scare me, and like SRW said we have one of the best backfields in the league. I'm fully confident our defense can get it done. Our offense is what scares me.

5. Crowned

A disappointment? he's one of the best blocking tight ends in the game, and he catches nearly everything thrown his way. Bruce Arians doesn't use him enough.

6. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

Steelcity 24 -14

7. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Maybe that's what they meant. :shrug: Just going off what they said. Either way, if you guys would use him Thursday night you would have A LOT more success. He would obviously add another weapon, but he would also knock down those safety blitzes that we are going to have to use to get pressure.

Miller not being in the game plan helps us tremendously, IMO.

8. Crowned

He will probably have 3-4 catches, but we won't use him as much as we should.

9. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

10. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I just realized something.... this is probably the first time in over 30 years that Houstonians are actually hoping the Steelers win... :think:

11. warrior59

warrior59 Starter

I have got to say I think that the Titans are going come out of this battle on top only reason is that they seem to have more speed. Which I think will be essential in this game. However if the titans cant get there passing game going it will be along night for them because the steelers can just play the flats and contain against Chris Johnson and going up the middle wont work because they are very physical inside with Farrior and Timmons.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Miller went for a career high 8 catches last year...so you might see plenty of him this season as well...

13. Crowned

Timmons won't be playing, we have Fox playing who excels against runs up the middle.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You guys getting stoked!!!???

15. Crowned

You kidding? CAN'T WAIT! :ttw:

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's almost here...

I'm stoked...

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

NFL Injury Report for this game:

Tennessee Titans at Pittsburgh Steelers - Tennessee Titans: QUESTIONABLE: TE Jared Cook (ankle), CB Ryan Mouton (ankle), WR Nate Washington (hamstring). PROBABLE: P Craig Hentrich (back). Pittsburgh Steelers: DOUBTFUL: LB Lawrence Timmons (ankle). PROBABLE: QB Dennis Dixon (right shoulder).

18. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I am not really a fan of both but I am stoked to watch this game...... one becuase I have pitt for my fantasy Def team lol... but also because Titans have slowly risen to be a team to be worried about playing then others. I am excited to watch this game and sorry to the titan fans... I hope pitts deffence Destroys Titan's offence lol. but thats my fantasy side talking.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I picked the Steelers, but that heart felt sentiment makes me want the Oilers to win.

20. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this miller talk is laughable....while i think his blocking has plummeted since his rookie year the man runs crisp routes and i have literally never seen him drop a ball. saying he is no threat he might make you eat those words....he hasnt been the disappointment, the line he has to stay back and help block has and the coaching that doesnt feed him the ball more is a disappointment. you put him in dallas's offense he would CRUSH

that being said....chris johnson doesnt scare anyone on the steeler defense. i say the steelers hammerfist the crap out of the titans and win big 27-3