TNA Bound For Glory: Anyone Checking It Out?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by SRW, Oct 15, 2011.

?

Will you check out TNA's Bound For Glory?

1. Yep, will be buying the PPV or checking it out in "alternative" means

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Nah, TNA's not my thing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. TNA is still in buisness? Holy s**t.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

That is why DVR's rule. That and "other" mean of finding shows just in case.

2. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

ill be there live with my brother and my dad. its out birthday present to him but i wanted to go anyway, it just happened to fall 2 weeks after his birthday so we split his ticket

3. SRW

Kick butt man, feel free to give us a site report if you want.

4. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

unfortunately my phone doesnt have internet (im paying for it myself and cut that off when i started have car payments over the summer) but ill probably be up all night when i get home so u can expect a full post report

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Until they can Hogan and Bischoff, this crap will continue to go down the crapter. They just signed both of them to new contracts so, yeah. AWFUL booking, goobered storylines, etc. Dump Anderson, RVD and some of these other no talent nobodies and they'd be entertaining.

6. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Here is a long butt paragraph on what TNA needs to work on...

TITLES:
    TV Title
    make them mean something. What happen to the TV Title? I thought Douglas Williams/AJ Styles fued for that belt was making that belt mean something, they had some awesome matches together. You have a good portion of the roster who are never going to be "World Title" guys, and your "X Division" has it's guys, what are you doing with everyone else that isn't a Tag Team? Seriously Eric Young is the TV champ right now, and his storyline with that belt has really killed it. Once Abyss won that title, and then was "injured" on screen and they did nothing with that belt for a month, they killed all credibility with it. You're telling me you couldn't have that belt on someone else and have it in a big fued right now? Like your Daniels/AJ? RVD Vs Lynn? Joe/Crimson/Morgon? Bully Ray Vs Anderson? or get guys like Pope/Gunner/Shelley/Robbie E/Kazarian/Scott Stiener/Abyss?

Knockout Titles:
    Remember when the knockout tag titles ment something? I remember when the knockout division was really something, then they just kinda forgot about it. The knockout division was main eventing shows for awhile too. Personally, have your little tourney here for #1 contender for the knockout title, then set up a few knockout tag teams. Maybe go out to WSU or Shimmer and hire some actual "TAG TEAMS" instead of makeshift tag teams that nobody buys. How many knockouts work for that company and sit around and do absolutely nothing? If you are not going to use them then fire them. The whole point in bringing in former top WWE people is to help get over your own talent.

X Division Titles
    I am happy they are pushing the title on the show, had a big ppv about it and signed a bunch of new talent. Congrats, why are you NOT using them?!?! Seriously, you use the same 4 guys each show. Sorenson/Kash/Kendrick/Aries. Why are you not using anyone else? Why is everyone else only getting like little to no time? You want to build your own stars? Get them some TV time!!! You have 2 freaking hours and you only have 1 x division match?!?!!? That title means nothing if you don't put these guys on TV and get some new contenders and let these guys get over.

TAG TEAM TITLES:
    Remember when TNA had like the hottest Tag division? Gen Me/Motor City/Beer Money/ British Invasion/Ink Inc/Homicide & Hernadez? Now they only seem to have "Mexican America" that isn't over at all, it doesn't get the right type of heat and nobody cares. You lost Gen Me because you didnt' know how to use them, you lost Motor City due to injuries and you only bring in one tag team at a time that isn't on TV for months to fued with "the champs" then they drop off the face of the planet?!?! com'on you have 2 friggin hours to have more then one tag team match, and establish all your teams and get them over. Just doesn't make any sense to me... Not to mention your tag champs only have a month or so left on there contracts lol.

THE WRITING:

Thank god Vince Russo is out as head writer, I don't think Bruce Prichard is much better but we shall see. The reason they kept Russo around so long is because Dixie Carter is a loyal, LOYAL boss to people who stuck around, even if they are not great. A lot of the talent and people backstage had been pushing for the move and finally it happen. Personally I'd of brought in Heyman and had him taken over control, he was pumping out some awesome TV for OVW before he was let go, and he was writing for ECW and found out quick Vince had no intention of letting him run it. Heyman wan'ted total control of the product and wanted to make NEW stars, and have a few old timers around here or there. Personally I don't understand having a face stable, Fortune has done nothing in months together. Fortune should of been the only stable and when they made Immortal it was kinda of weird, considering Fortune seemed like the more solid and establish stable, and Immortal is kinda of "oh wow he is in it?!" and then they are either gone or fired or dealing with drug problems. Immortal should of never been made, it should of just been Fortune mixed with Hogan.

Also why stop using guys who work? Remember when they pushed The Pope hard and he was super over? They gave him a title shot and the fans were really backing him? Then they gave him an "injury" and just forgot about him pretty much? WHY?!?!?! That is one thing about TNA that just drives me nuts is they get someone over, and over huge then just forget about them and go after something else, or bring in someone else. The Pope and his Devon storyline...eh who cares? If it was up to me, He'd be after the TV title and re-climbing the ladder for the world title. Remember when the IC title in the WWF was the way to build stars into World title guys? Why did that formula stop working? Tell me? It would still work, and establish people and make fueds worth a damn, not every feud has to be about some sneak attack or jealousy or pride. USE what you have, so many guys NOT on TV that you could use, instead you do nothing with them in 2 hours. BTW Jackie and ODB fight for months to get back on TV and get rehired...then they do and you don't use them?!?! How does that make any sense?!?!

Stop with the 20 minute promo's, stop with all the backstage crap I mean really I love STING but do we need 4 or 5 behind the scenes promo's of him in one show? Or Immortal? Or Eric Young running all over Hollywood fighting people on the street? Give guys some more time to put on a show, give guys some more time to get over. Fan's already love Sting and Hogan, they are already over...they don't have to do really anything, people already believe they are what they are. We know Sting wants to bring TNA back to Dixie and that Hogan and Bischoff are the bad guys, great we established this for about 2 years now, we get it. You don't have to keep bringing it up every show. You have 2 hours of TV, use that to get over guys and establish all your fueds and talent. Crap sometimes we have two weeks of an angle and then you don't hear about it again for like another month and suddenly its back on TV lol? Com'on man...

TNA has a lot to fix, but these are some of the main problems. Titles no longer mean anything, they are no longer important and you don't use all your talent to it's full potentional with 2 hours of FREE TV each week, and you have the internet that you could broadcast your "B" show and get fans to tune in on that but you don't. TNA needs help, and they have a lot of talented men and women but they just have crap front office...and the talent is drastically underpaid.

7. SRW

Hopefully tonight is the first step in the right direction.

Mexican America defeated Ink, Inc. in the dark match to retain.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Das some racist crap up dere^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9. SRW

Yeah that act is exploiting Mexicans for their act. Remember what that was status quo back in the day in wrestling?

Kendrick vs Aries to open the PPV. This should be a good match because these two can go. I can't see them putting the belt on Kendrick through. He's too far out there and people aren't connecting with him.

10. YEAH DUDE!

HOTT CROWD!!!

11. SRW

Excellent opening match between Aries and Spanky.....err, Brian Kendrick. Aries showed he can work a crowd and is a mat general. Kendrick is no slouch in the ring either and by the end of the match they had the crowd all hot and frenzied.

12. SRW

Holy crap. Jerry Lynn and RVD putting on a nasty show. They are taking some sick bumps! ECDub chants all over from the crowd.

13. SRW

OMG....Jerry Lynn is lucky to be alive! Two great matches to start this PPV off and if the crowd wasn't into it before, this match got them all going. There were some seriously sick bumps, one where RVD looked like he was power bombed with his head hitting the metal guard rail.

14. SRW

You can tell the guys are trying to outdo the next in this PPV....7' Matt Morgan just pulled off a crossbody from the top rope to Crimson who was outside of the ring. Wow. :icon_eek:

15. SRW

Samoa Joe should have gone over there. He made that match work. I guess Crimson is who they are building up so good for him. Not as good as the first two matches but Samoa Joe again shows that TNA is crazy in how they underuse him.

16. YEAH DUDE!

All the matches have been hits so far, no mail in matches here!

17. SRW

Mr. Anderson missed the leap from the top rope at the end but got the pin in the end of Bully Ray. Anderson and Bully Ray both juiced the hard way in this one. Anderson had a sick bump where he landed a backdrop on top of a guard rail, I thought he broke a rib on that.

18. SRW

The Knockouts match was an overbooked mess. Velvet Sky won the belt...anyone care? Philly took a crap on this cluster heck. The first fail of the night.

19. YEAH DUDE!

Yeah the Knockouts match was eh, Velvet should of won a match like that in Orlando where the crowd is all for her, made it more meaningful. AJ Vs Daniels was alright but it could of been better.

They been pushing Velvet hard for most of the year to win the belt, so they really do hope you care lol

20. SRW

The AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels match could have been so much better and that finish....what was that??? Even the post-match beatdown didn't help this match. So far this PPV is 2-2. Good start but this better turn around soon.