TNA Bound For Glory: Anyone Checking It Out?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by SRW, Oct 15, 2011.

?

Will you check out TNA's Bound For Glory?

1. Yep, will be buying the PPV or checking it out in "alternative" means

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Nah, TNA's not my thing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. TNA is still in buisness? Holy s**t.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Hogan Vs Sting, on paper sounds awesome but Hogan can't do much in the ring... a lot of "kick, kick punch" goin on tonight baby!

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Or they take it outside....with Bischoff's son the ref, they can go that route and let them brawl outside. Plus it looks like Nature Boy's out there with Hogan. The oldest player in the game will get a couple cane shots in.

3. YEAH DUDE!

I can't believe how much Philly loves Hogan, they used to HATE this guy back in the 80's and 90's!

4. SRW

Holy crap....Hogan tapped out? :icon_eek:

5. YEAH DUDE!

Hogan turns FACE?!?!? After all that?!?!?! I don't understand the last 2 years then.

6. SRW

The crowd sure popped when Hogan turned. Meh, it was what it was but the post match stuff was what this was all about.

7. YEAH DUDE!

So Hogan turns face, I'm calling Roode over Angle and we are officially done with Immortal storyline. Angle goes and trains for the Olympics and we start fresh all over again?

8. SRW

I second this. Bury Immortal and move on. Time to focus on the great young talent on this roster and not have ridiculous storylines to torture us with.

9. YEAH DUDE!

The fan's don't seem to care all that much for Bobby Roode.

10. SRW

Outside of the studio so they can't make people react how they want. It's on Bobby to win the crowd over. Want to be champ? Prove that you can carry the house.

11. YEAH DUDE!

Very surprised Roode loses after all that build up, that whole tourney and there BIGGEST ppv of the year...they don't end it with the good guys winning. BAD BOOKING. I guess it was all for nothin.

12. SRW

Wow, that was a crapty end to the PPV. It started out with great promise with three straight excellent matches. Then the Knockouts came out to crap all over the place and the show never recovered. Very anti-climatic finish there. What's the logic behind Angle retaining on the biggest show of the year?

13. YEAH DUDE!

I have no idea, must be some "big plan" behind it all? I don't know, he didn't beat him clean though it was a cheap win, so they'll do some whole bullcrap about him getting a rematch...because he couldn't beat him clean or something or other, still stupid. That sounds like Vince Russo booking, Bruce Prichard already sucks.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The "Big Plan" is that TNA is RETARDED. Plain and simple. Dave Lagana apparently also joined the creative staff so who knows? THe bottom line is turning Hogan face was DUMB. Roode losing was DUMB! The Divas are..DUMB! TNA needs to fire EVERYONE that's no an in ring performer and a bunch of in ring people and just start over. Get rid of the "Impact Wrestling" bullcrap and make it a freaking actual fed. If TNA get's better than the WWE will as well.

15. SRW

Overall it wasn't a bad PPV at all. Easily TNA's best of the year. Wrestling fans will enjoy the first three matches. Hell, the final match was just fine until the weak finish.

16. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

ok im not entirely sure what was seen on tv and what wasnt since i was there but heres my opinion:

dark match ink inc vs mexicans:
    meh. it wasnt a bad match but the crowd wasnt that into it. people were still filing to their seats. it wasnt bad by any means but it wasnt what we paid to see either. not specific to tonight but can this jesse neal guy wrestle? shanon moore worked his butt off 90% of the match while this guy stood on the apron trying to get the crowd up. i mean i know they usually isolate one guy but moore really seemed to carry the team and neal seemed like dead weight.

aries v kendrick
    this was one of the better ones of the night. the crowd was firmly behind aries. it was funny to watch so cal val up the ramp trying to get the people to cheer kendrick but it wasnt happening. the match was solid and very enjoyable to watch. a great start to the show.

jerry lynn v rob van dam
    well. what can i say about this? it was fun. it was exciting. but it was sloppy. the power bomb thing onto the ladder outside where lynn kicked the ladder as he jumped over the rope and threw rvd into the graud rail instead. there were a few smatterings of a "you killed rvd" chant. and there was that spot early in the match where it looked like lynn was ready to be clotheslined over the top rope and rvd went for a cross body i think. and they both just hit the ropes and fell awkwardly. it got better as it went on and finished strong but i thought it looked a little sloppy.

samoa joe v morgan vs crimson
    joe came out first to a big cheer. morgan came out second and there were cheers and some boos but the crowd was into in. crimson came to the ring. and there was nothing. i swear if he didnt have entrance music you would have heard crickets in that place. there were some lets go morgan chants. a few joe chants. one guy wanted a joes gona kill you but couldnt get it started. crimson won but and the match was solid. morgan had a good spot on crimson from the top rope to the outside. but all i could think about is why the hell are they pushing crimson? he has no personality and almost no one cared when he won. and why the hell arent they pushing joe. in the arena he carried this match i mean i couldnt take my eye off him. more joe please.

anderson vs bully ray
    this one was actually really good. it wasnt much of a street fight. i think they went down one hallway in the back and that was it. but there was a few good spots. nothing really new but the stuff with the sign got a big cheer and guard rail stuff looked like it really hurt. most of my section actually laughed when anderson couldnt break the table when he jumped off the top rope to the outside at the end. but this one was alotta fun.

so this was the half way part of the show and i was very happy with what i saw. nothing really blew me away but everything was exciting up tempo the matches were solid and they were putting on a realy good show. then the second half started.

four way for knockouts title
    it was what it was. i saw many a person run to the bathroom during this one. the crowd wasnt into it, except for micky james. she was the only one to get much of a reaction during her entrance. the match was ok for a womens match. i dont expect much form those matches so i wasnt let down but it was nothing special.

aj vs daniels
    i was very disappointed in this one. i guess it wasnt really bad but ive come to expect greatness from aj and i thought daniels could at least keep up with him but this was kind of pedestrian. i dont know the time but it seemed like it was a quick match. the stuff with daniels cutting a mid match promo really slowed the match down. the ending wasnt satisfying. like i said it wasnt really that bad but it could have been much much more.

sting v hogan
    hogan came out first too a big cheer. sting next to i dont think it was equally loud of a reaction but it was damn close. the loudest pop of the night was when hogan pointed up the ramp and the big word nature boy lit up on the screen. i dont know how he does it but ric flair still got the biggest cheer of the night. the fight was weak. these guys just dont have it anymore. well actually i think sting can still go but he was limited by hogan. i think hogan went down 3 times total. maybe 4 including the scorpion death lock? that being said, the crowd was into it and i admit i was too. i cheered sting every chance i got but couldnt bring myself to boo hogan. i wanted sting to win but thats mostly cause i wanted bishoff out (storyline i know but i get into it). the hogan turn was predictable when no one came out of the back to help sting but went over really well. there were more hogan fans in the arena than sting fans but not by as much as you think. i dont know were theyre gona go with immortal after this but i hope they just move on from the group like how main event mafia died after a little while i think immortals time has come.

roode v angle
    ummm that was it? no more? the match was back and forth but after a while my brother and i were joking about how many angle slams he tried. how many times roode put on the crossface. reversal after reversal can but fun but dont reverse the finishing move that many times. it was like a clinic in how to defend angle and roodes finishers. it was almost like they had a video game move set. and then there was the ending. i dont know if they got one over on me and i bought into a bunch of crap but it really seemed like angle got hurt. i didnt notice exactly when it happened but from my angle it looked like th ref was really hesitant on that 3 count and was waiting for angle to kick out. the ref was pacing around the ring after the match with his arms in an x over head which ive never seen a ref do and didnt stop till those guys came out to carry kurt out. maybe they pulled one over on me but i think kurt actually hurt something. i mean it was only 10:50ish on the arena clock when it ended. i thought thayed at least hit 11 (for an 8:00 start) but it just ended so abruptly. the crowd was weird on this one. they cheered bobby in the entrance and booed angle's but during the match the back and forth of lets go angle lets go roode was significantly louder on the angle side

oh there was also that jj and hardy thing. hardy got cheered but i couldnt. i was a huge hardy boys fan back in the day but couldnt be happier if i never saw either on tv again. there was a pretty big d-lo chant and im a little disappointed that it overpowered the couple of us doing a head chant for al snow but thats whatever.

overall the first half of the show was better but the whole thing wasnt bad. i wish aj and daniels put on a better match cause i was expecting alot out of them and the end to the show was flat. the hogan sting stuff was fun but they gota build some new stars cause these guys cant keep it up forever. and please no more crimson.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

When I read the results of this ppv, I thought the samething about the knockouts match. Then again, they really don't pay too much attention to the knockouts. So the booking for this match wasn't a suprise even though they've wanted to put the knockouts title on Velvet Sky for a while now.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Hogan turns FACE for no reason on a heel group he started?

Build up Bobby Roode as a potential big main event player then make him lose clean in the biggest show of the year?

A broken down mess of a man in Angle goes over?

[​IMG]

19. YEAH DUDE!

I don't understand the love affair for Crimson either, it's like even in Orlando nobody cares about him. His moves are lame, he has zero charisma and is as boring as they come. Joe getting no push and used this awful is just plain sad, you have to believe he is jetting to the WWE after this TNA run.

I'm really surprised that the Tag match didn't make the PPV considering they been pushing it for weeks on TV. So nobody was able to see the big pay off, again BAD writing and booking.

Though I could watch WWE and also slam everything they do but I care way more about TNA I just think they have "IT" but don't have the right people behind the scenes to make it a player just yet, or the right young talent in the right positions to succeed. God the things I'd do to Angelina Love...

20. SRW

TNA is trying to make Crimson the next Goldberg with that stupid streak. Joe should have won that match, he owned it last night. Word is Crimson got NO crowd reaction when he came in or when he won.