Top 10 QB Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Somebody tell big Ben to start sucking

2. Roethlisberger is a special player.....plus he has great mobility for his size.

Mallett is slightly taller and around the same height of Dan McGwire.....with his mobility to boot......none whatsoever.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

marino, peyton, favre and brady are some of the most immobile athletes in the history of the world

4. But they all have mobility in the pocket......

NFL Network even listed Marino as one of the Top 10 best mobile QB's of all time.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That's ridiculous, have you ever watched him play? By his own admittance he's no Mike Vick, which is definitely true, but to say he has no ability to move in the pocket is, well, ridiculous. He's not going to get you any yards on his feet to speak of, yes, but he's just fine in the pocket. A lot of NFL qb's are goofy hecks who run like fat kids on a hot day and they do just fine. Dan McGwire didn't succeed because he was a crapty quarterback, not because he was tall and immobile.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I guess you have to define what "mobile" is. Was Bledsoe on the list?

7. No actually.....

Marino made the list along with:

Donovan McNabb
    Doug Flutie
    Jim Zorn
    Roger Staubach
    Bobby Douglass
    Michael Vick
    Randall Cunningham
    Steve Young
    Fran Tarkenton

Marino made the list because of his ability to move inside the pocket....set his feet and make the throw.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would call that more elusive than mobile. I guess my definition of mobile is different...

elusive and mobile are two different things to me...maybe some people define them as the same?

9. History doesn't bode well for QB's 6-7 or taller. There maybe different reasons for them busting in the NFL but they have nonetheless. But just like Mallett.....McGwire was also immobile.

Sure....teams don't look at blazing 40 times when it comes to QB's.....but his 5.37 40 has to be somewhat of a concern.

There was a reason why Mallett was the only QB that didn't run at the combine. I'm just not certain Mallett will be able to consistently avoid bigger and faster pass rushers at the pro level. Especially against teams that employ a 3-4 defense.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

40 times mean NOTHING for QB's unless youre looking at someone like Vick or Newton that is as likely to run as throw. McGwires fauilures, once again, were not due to his immobility. He was a bad quarterback. Saying qb's over 6'7" are failures due to their height holds barely as much weight as holding Andy Daltons red hair against him.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Too support the "Too Tall" argument, taller quarterbacks (or players at any position) tend to be less mobile and have a tougher time moving around because of the height. Not only are they a bigger target, but they have more trouble bending at the knees, slowing down the mobility. The majority of the better QB's are in the 6-4/6-5 range.

Having said that, I don't think it necessarily affects his skill set and it's silly to compare him to McGwire based on height alone.

12. I never held Dalton's hair against him......now that is silly.

QB's that big generally are stiff in the hips and lack mobility to move effectively in the pocket.

13. I'll give you this....Mallett is a much better pro prospect than McGwire ever was. He has the best arm in the draft and some consider him the best pure passer available.

But his mobility issues and more so his personality will be the reason why he'll eventually be a bust.

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

mallet can step up in the pocket and move around just fine...he actually moves in the pocket with authority and confidence....his 4 time is real bad but the dude has one long butt developing stride if that makes sense.

i think hes not that much different than derek anderson and joe flacco in the pocket...just kinda stands tall in it and weve seen both those guys have success. imo mallet is far superior than flacco as a prospect right out of school

15. Mallett's mobility does concern me. I think the guy will be a complete failure unless he has a great o.line in front of him. He will need special circumstances to be good.

To be fair Mcguire wasn't a good player. If he came out today he wouldn't be a 1st rounder I can guarantee you that. He actually had to transfer from once school and then had to wait his turn at a smaller school.

Mallett reminds me of Drew Bledsoe in his Dallas days in terms of mobility and evading the pass rush.

16. Omen

What he nneds is a good qb coach....and good oline

Dallas former qb was not very "mobile" by any aspect...he didn't shuffle around. Too much he simply stepped up and threw the ball...and threw it well .....IMO tobsay he will be a failure is harsh he hasn't had a chanche yet.

17. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Enough Mallett talk, I want the Vikings to try a somewhat risky move; I think they should trade down in the first round, get that third round pick back (result of the Randy Moss deal ), and draft Locker

I like Lockers mobility due to the fact that the pass protection in Minnesota is terrible

18. My Titans got dibs on Locker.

I will literally order my jersey the second he is drafted I'll be so damn happy.

19. Omen

I watching grudens qb show with mallet and they are showing a lot of film and the guy move around enough in the pocket.

The one with locker was good too gruden told him to stop running and kooking to hit people