Top 5 At Each Position

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ravenfan52, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

fixed.

Roethlisberger is a tough leader and football player. But I don't base this on # of Super Bowl rings or women slept with (BURN!) Seriously, though, I just don't think he's a better QB than Manning, Brees, Rivers, Brady or Rodgers.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. MichaelBush29

MichaelBush29 Rookie

Dallas clark is defintely top 3 tight ends

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...you let the hatred blind you...hater. Now if you would've said "women RAPED" that would be an attempt at a BURN! Not women slept with...lol...

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes better than rivers and rodgers....its not really a contest. he plays at an elite level with mediocre coaching and below mediocre blockers

hes not the greatest "passer" but he can move the ball down the field and hes definitely a top 5 QB and i love that people hate him so much because, yes, hes a douchebag

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same here and the fact that a portion of the hatred comes because he's a Steeler.

6. K Train

its all speculation but i mean put brady behind our line and put ben behind that brick wall and give him welker and moss and you get alot of wins from ben and alot of sacks for brady whos a way more traditional pocket passer. im saying ben is fast but hes nimble and so damn elusive and hard to bring down for a 6-5 250 pound guy

7. ravenfan52

well the rapes are in dispute but the s*x isn't.

Come on. Seriously? You're telling me Mike McCarthy and Norv Turner are better coaches than Mike Tomlin? No waaaaaayyyyyyyyy. Also, Rodgers has a terrible line too. And Rivers matches Roethlisberger in toughness.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Seriously...Rivers and Rodgers aren't as good as Ben. It's a true story. It's almost not debatable - Let's talk about winning, clutch wins, come from behind wins, big wins. And for you to even leave him off the "honorable mention?" How do you explain that one?

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Peters would make the top 10 at OT, not top 5,

I think it would be

Thomas
    Long
    Furgeson
    Clady
    Whitworth

Cedric Benson in the top 5 of RB is an utter joke. makes anything else listed not worth even reading

10. K Train

whitworth? give me a freaking break, brick was crap until faneca came around too. whitworth isnt even the 5th best in his own division....thomas, oher, gaither, starks and andre smith are/would all be better LTs. having whitworth in the top 5 LTs is criminal

11. mike oxlong

im surprised at you K, I put whitworth because this isn't best pass blocking T, or run blocking T, it's overall and he may not blow you away in the pass game like long or thomas (Clady took a step back last year big time, and sucked against the run, wore down at the end of the year and I almost put whitworth ahead of him) or blow you away in the run game, like Thomas (See a trend) he does both well. Not many other T's can do both well. He really only had one bad game against minnesota, week 14. His biggest problems were early in the year with penalties. He only gave up 2 sacks after week 4 and only 5 QB hits after week 4.

While I would like to put Oher there, he didn't play enough at LT to solidify a top 5 spot yet. When he did, he struggled in the pass blocking more than I thought he would. His two worst games of the year were at LT. Week 6 against Minny and week 16 against Pitt, his pass blocking was downright terrible. I thought about Gaither, but he is no longer a LT, so even though he played VERY WELL at LT, I don't put RT's in my Top Tackles group.

I thought about Vollmer

12. K Train

dude well rounded isnt enough to be a top 5....hes not that good and having him on the list as top 5s is just pulling a pete prisco or peter king and going for the wow factor

13. ravenfan52

oher was going against jared allen in that game and he more than held his own. wasn't his best game, but again, it was against allen.

14. K Train

yeah he had rough games against allen, harrison and woodley for his career total.....damn, 3 premier pass rushers and he wasnt even THAT bad

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

except woodley, woodley freaking KILLED him

15. mike oxlong

like I said, this isn't best pass blocking T, or run blocking T, it's best T, Oher didn't play enough or well enough at T to make the list YET. Right now, that's how I see it.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

This. I think Oher is GOING to be a Top 5 Level OT, he sint close yet, and probobly wont be quite as good as Long/Thomas/Clady

My Top 5 LT's in no order ( I dont think it is clear cut at all, and a very young group)

-Clady
    -Thomas
    -Long
    -Fergeson
    -Roos

17. K Train

ahhh...roos, good one

jordan gross is a good one too

18. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

I love Mayo but he's not Top 5 at his position. He's a good young linebacker and getting there, but he's not elite yet. I'd have EJ Henderson (if healthy) in the top 5.

19. K Train

fine, fair enough...hes definitely top 5 34 MLB then

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

QBs. 1. Drew Brees
    2. Payton Manning
    3. Aaron Rogers
    4. Philip Rivers
    5. Tom Brady

RBs. 1. CJ2k
    2. all day
    3. Frank Gore
    4. Ronnie Brown
    5. DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart

WRs. 1. Megatron
    2. Andre Johnson
    3.Larry Fitzgerald
    4. Brandon Marshall
    5. Roddy White

TEs. 1. Vernon Davis ( if he adds 50lbs... he could be the best tackle )
    2. Jason Written
    3. Antonio Gates
    4. Tony Gonzalez
    5. Brent Celek

thats the only positions i care about.