Trade Between 49ers, Unknown Team For QB Alex Smith 'Effectively Complete'

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

49ers have one 1st round pick and one 2nd round pick, and 2 3rd round picks..

2. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I would be very wary of that, though. Revis' a top CB that comes with all that baggage, i.e. contract disputes every other year and the attitude. I'm not that worried about his ACL, nowadays it's pretty easy to come back from a major injury like that.

If we can get Revis for Alex and a high pick, I'd be dancing in the street, naked. Ok not really. But I'd be damn happy.

Although there are some concerns about our depth. Our starting defensive unit is damn good but we have very few quality backups. No good option at OLB, our DL is thin (we got manhandled once Cowboy went down) and if we let Goldson walk, we may not have a good replacement ready to take his spot.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well we have enough picks to stock up our lines...

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Kaep made the Oline look a lot better in pass protection as his sack % was considerably lower than Alex's. One knock I had for Alex was not handling pocket pressure well. Kaep was much better in that regard. KC has some good pieces in place, and I've said for a while now that I think that's a good place for him to go and succeed. If the 49ers work out some sort of deal with the Jets for Revis, that would be cool.