Trade offer

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by dylanweber24, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dylanweber24

dylanweber24 M2M 17 Premium Member

My team is awful. 0-4 to start the season. Looking to switch things up.

I was just offered Joique Bell and Jamal Charles for Calvin Johnson and Doug Martin.

It is a PPR league. And my current running back situation is pretty terrible. I have Montee Ball and Doug Martin as my starters. With M. Ingram and J. Hill on the bench.

My WR's aren't pretty either (hence the 0-4 record). I have Calvin, K. Benjamin, C. Patterson, and Terrance Williams.

Just wondered what anyone's thoughts were on this trade. I live in Michigan so this guy is a huge Lions fan and really wants Calvin. I might be able to get something better out of him than J. Bell as the throw in.

2. dylanweber24

He also has Welker or D. Hopkins at WR that I could possibly snag instead of Bell.

3. dylanweber24

Or James Jones from Oakland

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I would try for Hopkins first. You're going to need a lot back in order to dump Johnson. That will ruin your entire receiving corps. You need a WR/RB not 2 more backs.

Is there ANYONE left on the wire that is on my WW report at running back?

5. dylanweber24

The running backs are extremely limited on the wire. Andre Williams is the only one available.

He just told me he wouldn't give up Hopkins. Only Welker or Jones.

6. dylanweber24

I think I want to dump Calvin more because I hate the Lions so I might be a bit blinded. But I also worry that this ankle injury will be nagging all year and would like to dump him now before it becomes more serious. But maybe getting J Charles isn't worth it. Just not sure what to think at the moment.

7. Greg Brosh

Wes Welker and Jamal Charles for Calvin Johnson and Doug Martin does look better. I give a tentative yes, but let me pull in @LebaneseFF and get his vote. I know you downgrade in one spot, bt you upgrade majorly at running back.

8. dylanweber24

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Thanks for the insight Greg. Look forward to hearing from LebaneseFF as well.

Thanks as always.

9. dylanweber24

I pulled the trigger. I countered him with Calvin Johnson, Doug Martin and Bobby Rainey for Jamal Charles, Knile Davis and Wes Welker. He accepted.

Now out on the waiver wire I noticed Jerrick McKinnon is available and so is Andre Williams. I'm not nearly as worried about RB now having Montee Ball and Jamal Charles. As well as Mark Ingram and Jeremy Hill on my bench. So I need to focus on WR's now. My roster is now Kelvin Benjamin, Larry Fitzgerald (just realized I forgot to mention him above, goes to show how far he's fallen), Cordarelle Patterson and Terrance Williams.

The top Waiver Wire WR's are Allen Hurns, TY Hilton, Jarius Wright and Mohammad Sanu.

Are any of those waiver guys someone I should be looking at snagging?

10. Greg Brosh

Hilton is a must grab. I'm surprised he is on the wire.

11. dylanweber24

Kind of what I was thinking. Was surprised to see his name there. I'm #1 on the wire. So I will get him. Kind of makes getting rid of Calvin not as painful to my WR's.

Now it will be;

M. Ball
    J. Charles
    K. Benjamin
    TY Hilton
    Cordarelle Patterson or Larry Fitzgerald

That's not terrible.

12. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I think Welker will start putting up big numbers shortly. Assuming he doesn't get another head injury.

13. dylanweber24

Good point. He definitely should, as you said, as long as he avoids the concussion issues.

Would you start him this week over Patterson or Fitzgerald?

14. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I would yes. I have Patterson and he is making me angry. More than 1/3 of his points are from Week 1 rushing yards. Also, tomorrow's game will be rainy(90% chance) I trust GB to play well, Rodgers hasn't had problems before, I can't say that I trust Bridgewater.

Welker will get better targets from Manning than Fitz will from Stanton or a Nerve damaged Palmer. I'm talking quality not quantity.

15. dylanweber24

Hard to argue!

16. Greg Brosh

With Palmer likely out again, Fitz is out for me. As a Patterson dynasty owner, I'm not sure why they aren't using him at all. Makes no sense. Hilton for me to.