Trade Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by 86WARD, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton. I was offered Josh Gordon in a keeper league (13th Round Value in 2015) straight up for Cam Newton. I am considering doing it straight up.

Would you do it straight up?

I also responded asking to add Terrence West with Newton for Gordoan and either Zac Stacy or Shane Vereen.

Would you do that on either side? His QB I believe is Eli...could be Cutler though.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Since you already have Rodgers, no need for Newton. Gordon is a quality keeper.

I like that straight up. So you'd give up Newton/West for Gordan and Stacy or Vereen?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah. Straight up I kind of like it, just trying to get a little more out of
    Him for this year.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gordon deal fell through.

Being offered Steve Smith SR. & Larry Fitzgerald for Newton?

I do need some WR help in that I have Allen, Garçon and Cruz now.

5. Greg Brosh

I'd still do that. Seem Stevie boy has some life left in him afterall. And while Fitz isn't a WR1, he's still a decent WR2.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

So still working the phones...

Two potential deals...which hopefully go through...

Give Bernard Pierce, Victor Cruz and Pierre Garcon for Antonio Brown and Joe Flacco.

and

Give Cam Newton for Steve Smith Sr. and Larry Fitzgerald.

Would change my WR corp from Keenan Allen, victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Pierre Garcon and James Jones to Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith Sr., Eric Decker, James Jones. I would most likely drop Jones because of the extra player I'd be taking on.

RBs would be thin with Forte, West and Steven Jackson...but worst case, I'd only have to start one RB and go 3 WRs.

Hopefully these guys follow through.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Made the deal sand into the vote period.

8. Greg Brosh

both aren't bad. interested to see if one or both go through. although fitz needs palmer back badly

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Both went through.

Rodgers, Flacco

Forte, West, Jackson

Brown, Fitzgerald, Allen, Smith Sr., James Jones, Decker

Bennett

Is my squad now. I think it's definitely upgraded over what it was.

Rodgers, Newton

Forte, West, Sankey, Pierce, Jackson

Garcon, Cruz, Allen, Decker

Bennett

10. Greg Brosh

got more depth at receiver definitely. i am sure you will have to go 1 rb a lot.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Went with Forte and Jackson this week...Jackson did well so far. But my hopes are that Palmer comes back and reignites Fitzgerald so I can go Brown, Fitzgerald, Allen a lot...

12. Greg Brosh

yeah as a floyd owner, i need palmer back to.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

So R
    So evaluating these two deals about 8 Weeks later and I made out like a bandit.

- Other team dropped Pierce, lost Cruz to injury and just dropped Garcon. Brown, it turns out, is eligible to be a keeper (we are allowed to keep one player) for one more season at 4th round value. Flacco is a Top-10 QB in points in our league (backup to Rodgers on my team.)

- Cam Newton has self destructed. Steve Smith has cooled off a bit but Fitzgerald has heated up...hoping that Smith gets back to form with Flacco.

Very, very happy with those two deals as my team sits at 9-2 with our division locked up and a "first round" bye.