Tyron Smith At 307 LBS?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dallas Cowboys News & Analysis | Cowboys Nation: Draft Notes: Tyron Smith Gives Dallas a Much Bigger ''Problem'' at Pick 9

Something to keep an eye on during the combine. If he is comong in around 310, he will most likely be a top 10. And I wouldnt murder anyone if we took him at #9

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Stop looking at his p**is, JJ.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think that if someone is looking at someone else's "lower half", then they are doing their best to see someone elses genitals.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Wasn't this guy like barely even a first round talent a month ago? I spose it helps that it's a pretty shoddy class on the offensive line.

5. Jihad Joe

Ya, pretty much

Tyron has the most physical upside and is only 20 years old. I think he would be a top 20 in most drafts, but is the only OT I would burn a top 10 on in this one. Wouldnt feel great about doing it, but he is probobly the only OT in this draft that has a shot at ever being an All Pro level LT

6. other LT prospects that have a load of potential: (not saying your wrong just seeing what people's views are of these guys)

Nate Solder (Colorado)= guy has loads of potential but must must must learn to play with technique 100 % of the time.

Anthony Costanzo (Boston College)= haven't looked at him yet.

Derek Sherrod (Miss. St.)= haven't looked at him yet.

7. Jihad Joe

I think Sherrod overall is the best, at least for immediate returns IMO. I think Smith has more potential (such a nasty word), but Sherrod is a guy you could plug in at RT or LT day 1 and have a quality starter. Smith could grow into a dominant LT, but it will take at least 2 years of coaching. If this report is accurate, and he maintains his agility at 310ish, then I think he could be a solid day 1 starting RT

Castonzo, Im not a big fan of as a first round OT, because i think he is soley a RT. I think he is a quality 2nd round pick however.

Solder, Im not really sold on, and I think he'll get overdrafted based on potential. I think Smith is a reach in the top 10 as well, but I could live with that more than Solder because I think Solder is soley a LT. If we drafted him, he would sit the bench, whereas Smith could start on the Right Side

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

307 is a joke, teams HAVE to know thats not real weight. an "athlete" as good as him can afford to gain that weight with cell tech and other creatine substances, but its water weight...his playing weight will be much lower than his combine weight for at least a year in a NFL s&c program

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I agree completely. I like the guys potential, especially if someone grabs him to play RT, but you're 100% right about the weight and he'll need time in an intense program like he'll get in the NFL. Once he truly bulks up, I like Smith even more.

10. Jihad Joe

While you have a point, consider this

Is an NFL team going to want to see how Smith carry's 307? How his agility is at that weight?

You know he is probably going to show up to camp around 290-295, but he'll grow and you want to know he can carry the weight