Ultimate Warrior Dead At The Age Of 54

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by 86WARD, Apr 9, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Legendary wrestler The Ultimate Warrior, who was infamous for his colorful warpaint and arrogant stage swagger, died at the age of 54, just days after being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The death of James Hellwig, a longtime star of the sport who appeared at WrestleMania 30 on Sunday, was announced by World Wrestling Entertainment Tuesday night.

The Warrior became champion of what was then known as the WWF at WrestleMania VI in 1990 when he defeated another iconic wrestler Hulk Hogan.

His longtime nemesis sent his condolences on Twitter early Wednesday morning.

“RIP WARRIOR. only love. HH,” tweeted Hulk Hogan.

Source: http://nypost.com/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-former-wwe-champion-dead-at-54/

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

He was one of a handful of wrestlers that I would actually watch just because he was so out there. Far too young.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

One of my favorites when I was watching the WWF.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wow this crazy. Rip.

6. markaz

Heard on local news that the Ultimate Warrior down here in Arizona while walking into a hotel where he was staying. Just collapsed they said. No confirmation on this yet.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Find his promo on Raw Monday Night. He talks about a man taking his last breathe, and his heart beating for the last time. Then he drops dead Tuesday evening. Very creepy. Regardless of him being an absolute nutjob, Rest In Peace Ultimate Warrior.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I heard that too...he was just walking down the street...

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

10. markaz

The beginning of one of the greatest rivalries in the history of the WWE.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

there is something really hinky about this.his dropping dead like this after this weekend and everything he said and did are just too many coincedences to me.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Gimme a break, he was an old roid freak with a crapty steroid-addled heart that gave up the ghost. There's no wild conspiracy.

markaz and Mike like this.
  13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I am thinking more along he killed himself.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

[​IMG]

SRW likes this.
  15. markaz

He more than likely did. Instead of an instantaneous bullet to the crown he was probably pulling the trigger over a number of years.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

all this talk about the concussions killing football players,i bet most of these wrestlers have it too.not saying that killed the warrior cause it obviously did'nt,but those guys take a lot more forearm shots and hits to the head than football players do.

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

if they actually got hit then yes, you have a good point.

18. markaz

Even though pro wrestling is cartoonish in nature, things do go wrong. Whether it's an A-Bomb or a Piledriver, an inch here or an inch there and those entertainers get seriously hurt. My brother was in the audience when Owen Hart plunge to his death in KC because of a stunt gone wrong.

Diesel44 likes this.
  19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

when benoit killed his family,at his autopsy the medical examiner examined his brain and said it looked like an 80 year old brain riddled with altheimers. whether or not the punches are real is really not revelant cause the impacts and the accidents when they land are real,and that is what injures them.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

That was flat out stupid on the wwe's part.they settled out of court with his wife for 60 million dollars.