Unbroken Trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ragman, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

That looks pretty good.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Angelina Jolie was Producer and Director for this thing?

4. ragman

@ Bears: I read the book. It's one of the best books I've ever read. A real triumph of the human spirit.

@ markaz: Yep.

5. markaz

@ragman ...if you want to do a mention so that someone will get an alert to your post there's no space between the "@" and the username.

I'd say that Jolie is heavily invested in it and knowing her it's probably pretty damn good. she's one savvy businesswoman.

6. ragman

OK. Thanks for the tip.

If you haven't read the book, do so.

7. ragman

If anyone here is interested, NBC is going to do an hour long Special Report titled Angelina Jolie: Unbroken, tonight at 9 Central, 10 Eastern. It will have footage from the film and it will talk about how and why she got involved in the film.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Savvy business /= good product, necessarily. It's not like she has some stellar track record as a producer or director, and the flicks been getting pretty mixed early reviews.

9. markaz

Not having seen it why I said probably.

10. ragman

The special pointed out that the movie will get a PG-13 rating. IMO, that will kind of hurt the movie's impact. Having read the book, it pulls no punches when it talks about life in a Japanese run POW camp. Very graphic and hard to read in spots.

11. ragman

Did anyone hear the news that Jolie was unable to attend the premiere of the movie Monday night in LA? She has chicken pox.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thanks for the insight.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

glad to see sony did not turn chickenshirt and pull this from theaters like they did the interview.