(Update) Bulls G Derrick Rose Tears His ACL

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by URL54MVP, Apr 28, 2012.

1. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Anyone see him go down near the end of the Bulls-76ers game today? Hate to say it but I think he blew out his ACL. :icon_eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What sport does he play?

3. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Huh? lol

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Just playin'. Heard it might be career deciding injury, was it that bad?

5. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I don't know about career-ending especially the way modern sports science works. But it could be something that would cause him to miss games next year...there is a rumor out there that he tore both the ACL and MCL but I don't even think he has had the MRI yet. I'd imagine by tomorrow something official will come out. But it did look bad. He was doing a jump stop into the lane and his left knee buckled under him, no contact at all with a Philly player.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Those are normally the worst kind (non-contact).

7. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Look at SRW, he is on top of crap here! :) Yep, torn ACL. The Bulls just made the announcement. That sucks. I'm a Pacers fan and I don't like the Bulls but man I don't wish injuries on anyone like that, especially a critical player. Guess it is up to my boys to prevent Miami from winning the East?

8. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Cue a raging debate about whether Rose should have still been in the game at that point or not.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Easy road for the Heat to the finals.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yep, no Rose in Chi-town and no Howard in O-Town.

11. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I know you guys will just laugh at me but I think the Pacers still have something to say about that. I know Miami clocked us twice early in the season but the last two times we played those guys, we gave them everything they wanted and then some. I think the Pacers are peaking at the right time and can make the second round a challenge. While we don't have the star power of Miami, we do have what might be the deepest roster in the league and while star power does rule the NBA, I'm holding out hope we can have a 2004 Detroit Pistons type of run in us.

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Time you start drankin' today URL? :icon_cheesygrin:

13. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I'm only two beers deep, c'mon now. :icon_cool:

I just think the Pacers are playing about as well as anyone since we rounded out our roster by picking up Barbosa. I attended some impressive wins over Miami and OKC in late March/early April. We can make a run. Whether it happens or not, that is up to my boys. We have had some inconsistent moments this season but overall I feel like we are flying under the radar and well, that is fine by me! :icon_cheesygrin:

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

sucks

oh wait

i dont care

15. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I just don't want to be one of those people who starts talking if/when the Pacers get deeper into the postseason. I just wanted to state my case before we tip off Game 1. I really do believe in this team.

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

then dont open the thread

never like to see a player go down especially in the playoffs. The bulls are still probably gonna get passed the sixers they droped off alot late in the season and limped into the playoffs.

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh BITB slappin' [MENTION=1613]Mike[/MENTION] around....

18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i opened the thread to comment that i dont give a crap about him

shut the heck up stoner

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

ok and no one gives a crap that you dont its a basketball thread for people that do give a crap......so offended by ure stoner comment lol :icon_rolleyes:

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And just like that, their chance at a title goes down the pisser.

Brutal.