US U-23 December Camp Line-Up Set

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, Dec 8, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Caleb Porter has named a 28-man roster for his first camp in charge of the U.S. U-23 men's national team, and there's talent aplenty. Freddy Adu, Teal Bunbury, Mikkel Diskerud and Bill Hamid are just some of the more well-known names in the eight-day camp that will be held in Lakewood Ranch, Fla. The camp will be begin on Dec. 15 and run through Dec. 23.

Goalkeepers: David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Zac MacMath (Philadelphia Union)

Defenders:
    Gale Agbossoumonde (Eintracht Frankfurt), Royal-Dominique Fennell (Stuttgarter Kickers), Sebastien Ibeagha (Duke), Kofi Sarkodie (Houston Dynamo), Zarek Valentin (Montreal Impact), Jorge Villafana (Chivas USA), Andrew Wenger (Duke), Sheanon Williams (Philadelphia Union)

Midfielders:
    Freddy Adu (Philadelphia Union), Bryan Arguez (Montreal Impact), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Danny Cruz (Houston Dynamo), Mikkel Diskerud (Stabaek), Dilly Duka (Columbus Crew), Jared Jeffrey (Mainz), Sebastian Lletget (West Ham United), Amobi Okugo (Philadelphia Union), Michael Stephes (LA Galaxy)

Forwards: Will Bruin (Houston Dynamo), Teal Bunbury (Sporting KC), Jann George (Nurnberg), Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim), Jack McInerney (Philadelphia Union), Andrew Wooten (Kaiserslautern)

Source:Soccer By Ives

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This will probably be the roster for Olympic Qualifying. Not gonna lie, some good looking players on there. I think Adu will shine through in this and I REALLY hope that Hamid REALLY develops. Past TImmy Howard i'm scurred of what we have in our system.

3. Like you said some nice players here

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

FINALLY the US team putting star power on something other than the Senior Team REALLY makes me excited. Like 6 to midnight excited. This is the difference that Jurgy will make. Bob Bradley would let Bunbury, Adu and Hamid either not be on the senior squad or would have them seeing SUPER limited time on the squad. Those who don't like the Jurgy move, this is where it will pay off. We'll see quality guys at different levels. Another great example is Juan Aguedelo on the U-20 squad. Let him develop. No need for him to start at the top. I bet Jozy would have been on the U-23 team if not for Bob pushing him up. In a way, I wish he'd still be dropped to the U-23 team. Talk about getting his legs! BAM!

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

pardon my stupid

i thought adu played for another national team?

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Nope. He's American! He immigrated when he was like what, 6? But I think his mom banged an African or the other way around. But he's AMERICAN! It's that Italian piece of crap that grew up in Jersey that spurned us. And he tore his ACL. FREAK YOU!!

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

It's funny because anyone with a sliver of talent searches their bloodline to get out of the American set up.

Which, in a way is bemusing, because heck, they're on the verge of winning the world cup! :icon_twisted:

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

We brought him to America to be the next Pele! He was supposed to take the world by storm! So what did the USSF do? The opposite of what a country who knew crap about soccer would do. They made him play as a 16 year old in the MLS against much better players and tried to get him onto the senior squad. In turn he was outplayed like crazy, his confidence went in the crapter and it started a whole mess of international transfers that liked his name more than him actually playing. In the Gold Cup he played up to his potential which was freaking AWESOME to watch and now he's on the U-23 where he belongs. Honestly, we're not going to win the WC in the next 10 years but if Jurrgen can get those players who would think about going to another country (Rossi, the italian snitch) to stay in the US and play U-20, U-23, we might actually have a shot at making it into the semi's or even, dare I say, A FINAL!?!?

9. yeah like 10 years ago. Not anymore.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

They receive the European rostercuts with some American ancestors in return.....

11. yeah again like 10 years ago.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

sure....