USC Head Coach Pete Carroll's Name At Top Of Seahawks List

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

League sources tell ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the Seahawks are targeting longtime USC coach Pete Carroll as Mora's replacement. Carroll did not return messages, but a league source said Carroll is interested in the job and is trying to persuade Trojans offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates to join him in Seattle, as opposed to Bates pursuing the same position with the Chicago Bears. Said another source close to Carroll: "You're about to see a big headline that shakes up the major college football world," in reference to the Seahawks' development.

Source: ESPN

2. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

No way..

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Money Talk$, and Paul Allen has very, very deep pockets.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm just surprised since Pete Carroll can pretty much call his own shots in reference to pay checks so I hardly thinks it's just money. I think if Bates comes with him then Pete may take the Seattle job because it seems like Bates is leaving to go to one team or another.

5. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

today is a great day to be an american

1- this most likely means the hammer is coming for $C and it will be big time sanctions
    2-this opens up more of cali for michigan for players :icon_cool:
    3-$C will be down for a number of years decommits and transfers and early nfl entries oh my

6. This could be the right time for Carrol to jump back to the NFL after a let down season by USC standards with a 9-4 record and a Emerald Bowl win. They finished #22 in the final AP poll. Could be time for a new challenge for him.

This isn't the first time either that the 'Hawks came after hard for a college coach, Miami's Dennis Erickson in 1995.

With the right personnel, Carrol will do a great job rebuilding the Seahawks granted if he can land Bates to join him. But he'll have alot of work to do, especially on the Offensive Line & at Quarterback. Those are their two biggest areas of weaknesses on that team.

7. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

i never thought i'd see the day that pete carroll entered the nfl

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

coaching in the nfl is alot different than college...carroll is a rah rah guy, an that only goes so far in the pro's...and its tougher to get players in the nfl, it's not luring 18 yr old kids to beautiful southern california where theres hot chicks everywhere and a prestigeous football program to boot

9. redactions

redactions Rookie

He'll never leave that sweet gig where he's king.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

carroll will fail again if he goes back to the nfl. he is saban and spurrier. stick with what you know gentlemen. the college game and the pro game are 2 completely different things.

11. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

SoCal sports talk is confirming this stuff. The prince of LA is already being bashed down here.

1. Jim Mora is getting hecked royally and I for one have lost all respect for the Seahawks organization.
    2. Pete Carroll is an idiot for taking this position. It doesn't matter how much money is involved. Whether you like SC or not, it's one of the best coaching positions in football period.
    3. Look for Mike Riley to leave Oregon St. and become the next coach of the Trojans.

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

yeah i think that them firing Jim Mora was pretty cold.