Vikings Criticized For Not Running Up Score High Enough On Cowboys

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by Saintsfan1972, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

All corners of the sporting world sounded off against the Minnesota Vikings this week for their conduct at the end of their divisional playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys, saying that even after a late touchdown made the score 34-3, the Vikings were obligated by general principle to humiliate the Cowboys further by attempting to score even more points. "As far as I'm concerned, by holding back against Dallas, the Vikings showed a complete disregard for gamesmanship,"said ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth, adding that, when a team has the Cowboys down, stomping on their throats and trying to win by 50 or even 60 points is the classy thing to do. "How about a long bomb to Rice while Terence Newman is half-assing it and looking ahead to next season? Maybe a fake punt? Maybe rubbing their noses in it by sending eight men to cripple Tony Romo? All I have to say is that [Vikings coach] Brad Childress should be ashamed of himself." Vikings quarterback Brett Favre responded to the controversy by saying that no team wants to be on the same field as the Cowboys any longer than they have to be.

LINK

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i agree with this 100%

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

That's great... :icon_lol:

4. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Cowboys crying :lol: