Vikings Make Mistake Trading Down From No. 8 Spot

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by aschmidt, May 8, 2014.

1. aschmidt

aschmidt 2nd String

The draft was falling the way the Minnesota Vikings needed and had cornerback Justin Gilbert available to them with the No. 8 pick. However, the Vikings decided to trade with the Cleveland Browns to move down to the No. 9 pick. Cleveland took Gilbert with that eighth pick and it left Minnesota with linebacker Anthony […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Xavier Rhodes did a great job against Brandon Marshall in our last meeting with the Bears,so I think Zimmer is happy to go with Xavier,Captain Munnerlyn and whoever steps up to claim the 3rd CB spot.I was happy with the Barr selection,we haven't had a great edge rushing LB in Minny for years.Also,by putting more pressure on opposing QBs will help the secondary.I do agree with you that adding another CB would be a prudent move.

3. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Getting Teddy was awesome,a great first day for Rick Spielman

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Barr is a DE in a 4-3. Will probably be a LEO as a rookie and then come into his 2nd camp 265-270 ( which wont be any problem for him) If I was a Vikings fan I would havr murdered an entire race og human beings if they picked Gilbert over Barr

Vikings basicly replaced and old Jared Allen with young Demarcus Ware. Long term I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Barr winds up better then Clowney and Mack. He has there level talent, only 2 years on D killed his chances to be tiered the same place on draft day

Vikings win the first round hands down