Vikings Sign QB Brett Favre To A 1-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by CP26, Aug 18, 2009.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

A high-placed NFL source said Tuesday morning that the agent for retired quarterback Brett Favre spent much of Monday calling to check on the details of what would be a one-year, $12 million deal for Favre to join the Minnesota Vikings. Agent Bus Cook, who represents Favre, did not immediately return phone messages left by Yahoo! Sports. A call to the Vikings also was not immediately returned.

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. No Way!!! No freaking way... If this is true a guy in one of my fantasy leagues picked up brett favre in the 15th round as a joke, and might have gotten the steal of the draft...

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

to funny hes gonna suck by the end of the year and then the shinanagans start again.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:dance59:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Ok. Time for me to demand my Roster update for Madden 10 with Vick and Favre, please :D

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Time to bring back my Farve dance... (not that it ever left, suckers!) :jiggy:

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Kinda funny how I actually saw #4 Brett Favre Minnesota Vikings jerseys at a flea market on sunday. I just started laughing at the time. Maybe those people that were selling them knew something at the time I didn't?

7. You had a favre dance? Haha

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

STOP IT!!!!!! JUST FREAKIN STOP!!!!!!:groan:

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You don't need to know anything, dabears. It's Brett Favre, for crying out loud.

Now...I expected him to comback by november, or something. Around the time the Vikes play the Packers. All Lord Favre wants to do, is destroy Thompson's team. And I hope he makes it :icon_cheesygrin:

Too bad Olly is on vacation :icon_sad:

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:dance59:

11. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Just die.

12. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

One of the Madden ratings guys was on the Dan Patrick show a couple of days ago. He said they wouldn't add Vick until they were able to evaluate him from game tape. So, probably by the beginning of the season, but not today. He said they would start with the ratings he had when he got suspended/jailed and adjust based on what they saw on tape. With Favre at least they have tape from last year.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

He also said TJ Houshmandzadeh was pissed and won't buy it because he thinks he's rated as too slow.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LOL everyone is rated too low.

Anyway, back on topic.

From tight jeans to purple jerseys...wow :icon_eek:

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It's not comical nor is it awesome, pathetic is the word that comes to my mind.

17. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Haha, he also said in all his years of doing it, no player has ever said any rating was too high, always too low. And are you trying to tell me I can't de-rail a Brett Favre thread? There's millions of em on here. Enough of em that one could argue that all other threads are really just de-railed Brett Favre threads.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, if you ask me, Tony Romo is pretty low at 87.

I'm guessing Favre will be around the low 80's when the update finally comes out.

Vick probably mid-70's, depending on the speed he shows once he plays in preseason.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The dream is still alive...

:icon_cool:

20. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Well, crap. I can't decide if I'm excited or pissed. I think he's a better option than what we have (by far), but I'm worried about the team chemistry. Not like it matters what I think anyway, because they're going to do what's going to sell the most tickets anyways. Ownership really needs to make a push to get some fan support so they can get a stadium deal done.

I just bought my Vikings/Cardinals tickets for December 6th before they went up in price. (Living in Arizona)