Vikings Suspended RB Adrian Peterson In Talks For Plea Deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by ICECOLD, Nov 2, 2014.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and his representatives have been in talks to reach a plea agreement in his child-abuse case in Texas that could be done as early as Tuesday, sources close to the situation tell Adam Schefter of ESPN.

If Peterson were able to reach a plea agreement, then the immediate question would become when he would be allowed to return to work. For this there is no concrete answer, as the case is unprecedented.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescr...talks-for-plea-deal--sources-say/Default.aspx

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I'd be shocked if the vikings bring him back this season.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

There's a story on Yahoo Sports saying the Vikings would welcome him back.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Has Goofdell laid down a suspension yet?

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

John Q. Citizen probably would have gotten plenty of jail time.

7. ragman

AP/AD to Dallas may happen.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

not this season! they have a rb that is playing just as good or better this year anyway!

9. ragman

Who knows? Murray and the Cowboys may not reach a new deal. Plus, you know Jerry. He likes to "fix" people.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hell no. No matter how expensive Murray's new deal gets, it won't be anywhere close to what Peterson may cost.

We can use the Franchise Tag on Murray if no deal gets done. No need to panic over this...only question, as usual, is the cap space.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Murray doesn't mind wearing red he's more than welcome here in Phoenix. One can only dream.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Murray is gonna be practicaly useless after this season most likey. Look at the history of HBs after they get the amount of carries he is gonna get this year. Pretty grim. And it gonna cost 7 to 8 million per for anyone to sign him. He is gonna be looking for a deal in line with what McCoy got.

AD is gonna be 30 and given his character hit is only gonna get mid level money. Maybe 4 or 5 per and has fresh legs after sitting out the year.

At this I would rather have AD in 2015 then Murray

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I agree with jj. Peterson will not get a blockbuster deal at his age and now the character hit. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he only gets 1 or 2 year offers.