Vikings Vs Steelers

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Oct 21, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2009.
  1. Vikings

30.4%
  2. Steelers

69.6%
  1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The Pittsburgh Steelers host the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field on Sunday 10/25/09. Kickoff time is 1:00 pm EST

Discuss....

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Ugh....just don't like the way things matchup here. Steelers have been known to give up big plays and late game comebacks and that seems to be the Vikes Method of Operation this year. Steelers ground game against a stubborn Viking run D doesn't thrill me either. Hopefully Jared Allen won't be able to get to Big Ben and the Steeler can keep their passing game going.
    D will have to step it up this game and get after Favre and make him turn it over if the Steelers are going to win this one. Should be a good game overall.

3. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Dougerrr, I see it as a close game too. Vikings D has given up crap tons of yards and scores at the end of the game as well, but have been fortunate so far at the end. I think this one comes down to whoever has the ball last. Our secondary is in bad shape, and I can see Ben and Ward going crazy.

I'm picking the Vikings, but I wouldn't put money on it...

4. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

yeah....right now I'm thinking 24-20 Vikes but an extra turnover could swing it the Steeler way instead.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The Steelers have been playing to the level of their opponents and I think they rise to the occasion this week. Something finally clicks with the Steelers this week and they actually close a game out.

35-17 Pit

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Vikings aren't much of a road team...

3-0 on the road this season, but let's look close at who they've played on the road. Cleveland, Deeeetroit, and St Louis respectively. I don't expect the Vikings to not show up it's just whether they can move the ball on the ground and control possession and if their D is able to get in the backfield.

8. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Steelers by 3, and it's my #1 game to watch this week.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Favres winning streak will come to a sudden end this Sunday.... :icon_cheesygrin:

Tough call here, but I don't think the Vikings can beat the Steelers at home. Pittsburgh in a close game.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Screw, just checked the TV schedule for Sunday. I have to watch the Pats/Bucs game at freaking London :icon_evil:

Why not show a good game, huh?

10. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Sports bar baby. I watch them all at the same time.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Sticking with the Vikes.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

No option here at Germany. We have to watch, what ESPN America show. Damn, I need a decoder for AFN...

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

vikings just cause i have to deal with steeler fans in my area

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

That sucks. I don't know how that works over there, but not being able to watch all the games, eat wings, and get trashed at your local Sports Bar totally is not right.:icon_evil:

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

So pick who you think will win, not who's fans annoy you more, that can be a different poll.

16. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Living in Arizona, I usually get hecked by the Cardinals and either go to a friend's house who has NFL ticket, or to the bar. But the Cards are on Sunday night football, so I'll get to stay home to watch the game this weekend. Now I can get really blitzed and not have to drive home.

Celebration or consolation. Either way I'm getting crap faced for this game. Good thing I took part in all of those drinking OTA's to prepare!

:icon_jook: :icon_jook: :icon_jook: :icon_jook: :icon_jook: :icon_jook: :icon_jook: :icon_jook:

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You're totally right. I'll send a petition to the UN :icon_evil:

The way it works is: ESPN America does the exclusive coverage for Europe. They show at least 4 games a week live (1 pm, 4 pm SNF; MNF), Thanksgiving games live, complete playoff livecoverage, some of the Thursday games live and a lot games on tape delay. Somehow we must have a Patriots year this time, bc they show all games of New England so far.

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

game of the week. can the champions knock the vikings down to earth?

19. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I dont even know who to pick, I might not bet much money on it lol, I would like the steelers to win but it could go either way.... I see it close until the end

20. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Damn I picked another good game to go to... I'll say Steelers 30-27.