Vikings WR Jerome Simpson To Undergo An MRI On Left Leg Injury

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Oct 8, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Vikings are remarkable healthy overall for an NFL team heading into its second game in October.

But receiver Jerome Simpson, the team's No. 1 deep threat, has undergone a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam this morning to determine the nature and severity of what coach Leslie Frazier described as "lower
    leg weakness and numbness."

"From everything I've been told, we shouldn't be afraid to the point where we're going to lose him for a long period of time," Frazier said. "But everything is not conclusive as we speak."

Frazier said team doctors suspect the problem could be connected to the back as well as the leg. Frazier also said the injury was news to him when he woke up Sunday morning, hours before the team was to play the Titans at Mall of America Field.

"I get a text yesterday from [head athletic trainer] Eric Sugarman saying there was something wrong with Jerome," Frazier said. "And when I get to the stadium and he comes into my office and explains to me what's going on, it wasn't the conversation I expected to have on the day of the game. We had a big package for Jerome in this game. We really felt like there some things that we could utilize his abilities and make some plays for us.

"We took him out on the field and tried to do some things to see if we should have him [active] or should be have him [inactive]. So it wasn't until just a few hours before the game that he came in and told us he was having some weakness and couldn't really push off on that leg."

Source: Star Tribune