Vince Young's "Potential"

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by cKlass, Aug 22, 2011.

1. if you think Fisher would ever want a player just because they went to the same school you're delusional. Please also keep in mind Fisher is the coach not the GM. He has nothing to do with personnel decisions and his background is in defense not offense.

the pro bowl is a joke. Everyone knows that. The Titans winning often had nothing to do with him as he didn't play defense nor was he a RB.

VY may be more talented than Collins but that means nothing. That says nothing. There is a reason Collins retired. However, Collins had better intangibles and that's why he played and I'm fine with that.

General Manager.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he needs to get his head on straight. then sit and learn the position for a couple of years and then get a shot

3. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

So u think Mike Reinfeldt put Blount on P-squad w/o askin Fishers evaluation??
    And u think Fisher wanted Leinart b/c of Leinarts talent??? even though u said he deals w/ the defense b/c he used to be our D-Coordinator in Houston. He obviously doesn't know how to evaluate QB talent but he obviously does control the Offense when he benches VY for every mistake.
    It must have been the GM who drafted Kevin Dyson #16 overall, and Steve McNairs fault b/c Dyson couldn't gain 2 yards even though the SB was on the line.

4. I think he asked for Fisher's help but at the end of the day Reinfeldt is given final say.

You're a delusional VY homer. I'm not going to continue to debate this garbage that you're typing.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

come on adam. it was getting interesting.

6. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

i'll admit i pull for VY, but there are also a lot of people that are the opposite. Thats why a lot of people watch teams that they don't like, b/c they enjoy watching them lose. I love watching the Cowboys and Patriots lose, it's almost as fun as watching the Texans win. This is the way most people are with VY. It's a conversation at every sports pub while fans are getting drunk, but you'll never admit you pull for VY to fail. Even when he does something good you'll make an excuse that the D won that game or the RB. No QB can win w/o help from their team. To say VY has no potential and worse than Jason Campbell is crazy and has to be words from another VY hater.

7. He doesn't want it bad enough. He lacks every single intangible a QB needs while also lacking the smarts and mechanics necessary to succeed.

Campbell does want it and has great intangibles. THAT is what you don't understand.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

What's an intangible? And what are the ones qbs need?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

9. Intangible- something that cannot be taught.

ones Qb's need:

leadership skills

work ethic

the "want too"

the smarts

and you can possibly add in charisma as well. Everyone likes a QB who is a nice average guy. (Drew Brees is a prime example of this)

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I freaking hate Drew Brees.

Just sayin

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Ahh, the bandwagon I hated before St. Tebow. Ironically, both guys have the same qualities and potential to be a solid starting QB in the NFL, both got severely overhyped during the draft process and both drafted too high because of their college credentials. However, the big difference is that Tebow at least has the head and heart to be an NFL QB, Vince Young doesn't have the heart and mentally...well, can anyone think of anyone who lacks the mental tools needed to play QB in the NFL more than Vince?

Fact is, Vince Young had a decent shot at it, played like crap, still got rewarded (There are a hell of a lot of QB's that are better than him who appeared in less than two pro bowls) for reaping the benefits of a good running game/defense and had many tantrums in the process.

Eagles may have caught lightening in a bottle in reviving Michael Vick's career, but I'm almost certain it won't happen again with Young...

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I agree to a point about most of those...I think most of those can be taught except for smarts.... All others require discipline.... Many said mike Vick would. Never be a drop back qb or anything. More than a runner but Vick is prime example that these things can be taught... Vick learned slot of these intangibles thatched did not show he had in Atlanta

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

13. that's cus you Sir are a hater. haha

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

One of the best there ever was

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You're no Skip Bayless.

16. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

u can worry about intangibles all day, I like to focus on gameplay on the field. And Jason Campbell sux monkey butt. VY has shown what he can be... i would like to see him learn a few things from Andy Reid that he wasn't able to learn under Fisher (defense guy) and hold his feelings in after tough losses.
    Every players path in the NFL is different, some come out of college NFL ready and get better every year,
    but not for most of them. Andy Reid was a QB coach in GB and turned Vick into a pocket passer and made Donovan McNabb look good, so to say Reid can't make VY better is goobered

17. Gameplay is great to focus on for a backup qb. For a starting QB you need a leader with intangibles. If you don't believe that then there is no point even saying anything more.

Jason Campbell > VY it's that simple

That's kind of why the Titans had an OC

Vick got better because he actually cared it had a little bit to do with Reid but most of it was down to him.

to be honest VY is getting worse not better.

18. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

You're talking about the OCs that aren't working there anymore?? I'm talking about Andy Reid, if u put them on the same level you're just showing how dumb u are once again.
    Now ya'll have Chris Palmer, our old trash, keep up the great OC hiring.

Do I have to name off a list of players that was cut by there original team and then turned their career around b/c you're not old enough to remember any, Vick threw 3 ints in last game (is he getting worse??) VY threw 1 int in a new off, and new team....etc. But Kafka played well against the 3s and 4s... time to quit thinking like a 12 year old.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Easy with the insults Texas.

20. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Yeah, I forgot to use my intangibles on that1. Hopefully Tim Tebow will have some extra time to teach an intangible management class this year.