Wait to Draft QB

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by abb, Sep 23, 2019.

1. abb

abb Lifetime Member Premium Member

I decided to wait an extra round or two from my usual habit of being sure to grab a top QB. As a result I ended up with Goff in two leagues and Wilson in the 3rd. I felt okay with that until Week 1 was in the books. I need your input about the QB situation in my TD heavy league. A couple of ground rules for this league:
    1). All drop/adds cost $12
    2). All 14 teams must have at least two of every position at all times to have a legal roster. Hence, 28 QBs get drafted and are rostered.

My starter is Goff and my other QB is Trubisky - neither has inspired much confidence. Available are:
    Kyle Allen, Bridgewater, Mariota, Keenum, Flacco, Minshew, and Josh Rosen. For the first two weeks I felt I probably had the best of the group, but now I’m not so sure. What is your advice?

Team #3: - (TD Heavy, 14 Teams): 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
    Passing: 4 pts/TD - 5 if >40 yds, 3 pts - 300-399 yds, 6 pts - 400-499 yds, 10 pts >500 yds.
    Rushing & Receiving: 6 pts/TD, 9 pits/TD >40 yds, 1 pt 50-99 yds, 3 pts 100-199 yds, 6 pts 200+ >yds
    Starters: QB - Goff, RB - Elliott, WR - Chris Godwin, Flex - Aaron Jones, Thielen, TE - Kittle, K - Fairbairn, DEF - BAL
    Bench: QB - Trubisky, RBs - Mostert, Justin Jackson, Darwin Thompson, WR - Curtis Samuel, TE - Graham,
    K - Maher, DEF - TEN

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

A lot of our content leading into the season and since the season has started has been bullish on Keenum. I'd start him over Trubisky.

Goff: we really won't see the true version of teams until about week 4 or 5. I'm not concerned about Goff.

If you have bench space I really like Minshew. I could be biased as I watched him in high school compete against my daughters High School. Kid looked good in week 3 and reminds me of Favre with his aggressive down field throws, on the money. Not sure I'm spending 12 bucks, however.