Warren Buffet, Dan Gilbert Offering $1 Billion For Perfect Bracket In March Madness

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by DaBears22, Jan 21, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Plenty of companies have offered a million bucks for that perfect March Madness bracket.

But how does a billion dollars sound? (Go ahead, say it in your best Dr. Evil voice.)

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and Dan Gilbert's Quicken Loans are teaming up for the ultimate free bracket pool for the men's NCAA Tournament in March.

Not only will a perfect bracket win $1 billion (or split it if there's somehow more than one, if any), but the top 20 imperfect brackets will each receive $100,000 for their efforts.

If you win the contest, you'll have to accept either 40 annual payments of $25 million or a $500 million lump sum payout. Hope that won't be a problem.

"We've seen a lot of contests offering a million dollars for putting together a good bracket, which got us thinking, what is the perfect bracket worth? We decided a billion dollars seems right for such an impressive feat," said Jay Farner, President and Chief Marketing Officer of Quicken Loans, in the press release. "It is our mission to create amazing experiences for our clients. This contest, with the possibility of creating a billionaire, definitely fits that bill."

Source: FoxSports

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

A billion dollars?? :popcorn:

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Count me in. I have no chance though.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I have no idea about NCAA Basketball...so maybe I would have a chance?

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Id love to win it, but I'm not keen on having to give 495 million of it to pay for Obamas next vacation abroad

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This is why Buffet and Gilbert are successful businessmen. Bring attention to themselves and their companies. Great marketing and publicity at no cost. No-one could win this and they know it.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

It would be someone that has no clue about basketball or someone who uses a system to randomly pick the games.

8. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

Is GIF going to have annual bracket in yahoo?