Was The NBA Draft Rigged?

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mike, May 31, 2012.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

New Orleans has won the lottery and it appears Anthony Davis is the payoff. So did the Hornets get the pick straight up or was there some shenanigans involved? Let the conspiracy theories be unleashed. Was it "karma" as Davis suggested or something more sinister that got the Hornets, about to be sold by the NBA, the top pick? And what about Davis returning to the city where he won a national title with Kentucky. And we will throw in Saints owner Tom Benson being the new buyer.

USAToday.com

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think its fixed 100%. Chris Paul just got traded from the team now this team needs another super star

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Reminds me alot of the Patrick Ewing draft back in the day.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Certainly doesn't look good. I was listening on the radio after work and as soon as I heard the final 3 teams I knew the Hornets should get it. They have the #10 pick too. Must be nice to be owned by the league.

I always hated the draft lottery system. Just go by record. This setup is stupid and leaves you open to stories like this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Tom Benson, owner of the Saints JUST recently bought the Hornets

6. Steve12

Nvm then. Its legit.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Until it's conducted by an independent body, the lottery will always be open to accusations like this. However, even for NBA standards this looked like blatant manufacturing for mutual interests with Benson.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it usually is ....................

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

That was the best example of why an independent body needs to take this over. There might actually be interest in it if that were to happen instead of doing it between commercials for Geico and Aflac.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

darren rovell suggested it be streamed online so no one misses anything

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yup I heard the ame thing on radio.

Why doesn't stern show the ball with the teams name like cash lottery does it

Crap is fixed

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm just glad Brooklyn didn't win it.

Really, whoever wins it, someone will say it's fixed. The NBA can't win here.

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I really believe it is rigged. Cleveland got the #1 pick after losing Lebron, and Hornets get the #1 pick after losing CP3. Really?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Unless they show the ball actually picked out.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

But then how can they rig it?:icon_cheesygrin:

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Touche.

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

That was back in 1985. The Knicks last won a title in 1973.

18. Steve12

Everything I've heard has been that it would be impossible for the drawing to be rigged. The drawing is done with reporters in the room and every ball is shown before it goes in the hopper or whatever.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

But they aren't shown then they picked out of the hopper only stern sees that from what I read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Steve12

See I heard an interview with a reporter from Cleveland that said they pull the ball out and show everybody in the room the number. There's also a bunch of huge boards with all the numbers assigned to each team so everyone knows what the numbers mean.