Washington RB Chris Polk Signs With The Eagles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 29, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Washington's Chris Polk has been one of college football's most productive players in the last few years, featuring as the Huskies' lead runner and punishing opponents with his strength and speed. But injury concerns made him an unlikely 2012 NFL Draft pick, and after being passed up 253 times, Polk has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent, according to a report. Polk's injury concerns were largely about a shoulder injury that he has played with throughout his career, as well as a knee injury prior to the 2011 season that required arthroscopic surgery. But he was named to the All-Pac-12 first team in 2011 despite the injury, and the running back holds Washington's school record for most 100-yard games with 21. Polk joins an Eagles backfield which features LeSean McCoy, and he may also have to scrap with seventh-round pick Bryce Brown of Kansas State for a roster spot.

Source: SBNation.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. I love Polk. Can't believe he fell this far.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

4. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

There are reasons why players fallnthis far??

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm more curious why Polk would choose to go to Philly when they've got McCoy. I guess they're not real deep at RB, but if he is a stud, he could be the man in places like washington, cincinnati, new england, and new york (jets). he will NEVER be the man in philly unless mccoy gets hurt.

6. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

I was thinking he'd go to the Hawks. Philly has McCoy and drafted a guy last year.

7. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I love this move its a no risk high reward kind of signing, i am surprised he picked the eagles too but wont hear me complaining about it

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he could be matt forte, and he could be tony hunt.

either way its worth bringing him in