WDIS: Week 3 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Week 3 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)

WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for week 3 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:

* Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    * How many do you start at that position?
    * Who are they playing?

For example:
    WDIS Thomas Jones vs NE or Tatum Bell @ OAK. We start 2 RBs and my other starter is Joseph Addai.
    We get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.

SUNDAY, SEP. 23rd
    Arizona at Baltimore 1:00 PM
    Buffalo at New England 1:00 PM
    Detroit at Philadelphia 1:00 PM
    Indianapolis at Houston 1:00 PM
    Miami at N.Y. Jets 1:00 PM
    Minnesota at Kansas City 1:00 PM
    San Diego at Green Bay 1:00 PM
    San Francisco at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM
    St. Louis at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
    Cincinnati at Seattle 4:05 PM
    Cleveland at Oakland 4:05 PM
    Jacksonville at Denver 4:05 PM
    Carolina at Atlanta 4:15 PM
    N.Y. Giants at Washington 4:15 PM
    Dallas at Chicago 8:15 PM

MONDAY, SEP. 24th
    Tennessee at New Orleans 8:30 PM

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Is Kyle Boller worth starting, whatever the league settings?

3. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

we start 3 reveivers you get 1pt ppr 1 pt every 10 rush rec 6pts td

my receivers are
    terrel owens @ chicago
    andre johnson @ indy
    lee evans @ newengland
    chirs chambers @ jets
    santana moss @ giants

i feel t.o and andre johnson are must starts regardless.. i would also put lee evans as a must start had it not been for his lack of production last 2 weeks.

so i need one more wr between lee evans chris chambers santana moss

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

If Santana Moss looks good tonight, then I'd say start him next week along with TO and AJ. The Giants have been lit up in the secondary so far this season. Btw, kudos to you on having a very good receiver line up.

5. wide right

He's not worth starting yet except for maybe a 16 team league. I'd keep him on my team for now, but I wouldn't go so far as to start him just yet. He did show promise though. Hold on to him for now as he could become valuable later in the season.

I'd go TO, Moss, and Chambers. AJ is doubtful for this week. The Bills are struggling hard right now and things aren't going to change against NE.

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

With AJ hurt, I'd take Wide Rights advice.

7. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

This is for week three

Garcia or Big Ben

I have a homer feeling the niners are going to shut the bigman down.

8. wide right

For my flex spot: 1pt/20 yd rush, 1pt/15yd catch, 6pt/td,
    Ronnie Brown @ NYJ or Wes Welker vs BUF?

Right now I got Welker in the lineup and was wondering other people's thoughts. I'm taking some time off from Brown as he hasn't shown crap in 2 weeks. Turns out Cameron really does like Chatman splitting carries at RB. Buffalo can't stop crap and Welker has a very good chance of finding the endzone.

9. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

I have Andre Johnson in my WR/RB slot, but since he won't be playing this week (he's saying he's gonna be out) I can either start Antwaan Randle El or Ronald Curry in his place. Who should I start? The Raiders are playing against the Browns, who gave up 45 points last week, so I'm leaning towards Curry.

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I like Big Ben. Explanation coming later.

Wes Welker would start for me Wide. I had Ronnie Brown last year and he didnt do crap at all. Welker is looking like NE's #2 instead of their #3 and Buffalo's secondary is decimated.

I would start Randle El over Curry simply because the Giants secondary has all been torched for 7 TD's in just 2 weeks.

11. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

True, but Cleveland was burned for 6 in only one week.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Welker or Dieon Branch for #3...Randy Moss and Steve Smith in the other slots?

Branch did me right last week, but I'm feeling Welker at the moment...he's moving up in a pass-happy Pats O. I'm actually considering using him as trade bait for a different #3/4 wideout so I don't get stuck with him and Moss being off the same week or packaged for a better #2 back. I currently am starting Derrick Ward with Jerious Norwood and Lendale on the bench. Maroney (the jerk) is my #1...I've dominated the first two matchups thanks to my wideouts and Minny D, but I'd like a more reliable RB. Jacobs is coming back so Wards run is unlikely to stay at the level it has, Maroneys been crap so far and I have little faith in either LenDale or Norwood as starting options.

Who do you guys think I could reasonably ask for RB wise, packaging Welker and one of my non-Maroney backs?

Oh, and it's pretty standard scoring...10 yds/pt, 6 for TD NO ppr.

13. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

For my one league....I need to fill my Flex spot....Jerricho Cotchery, Thomas Jones or Anquan Boldin....I don't want to start Boldin because I have Fitzgerald starting already....right now I have Jones in my flex spot, so it comes down to the Jets teammates, what do you guys think?

Also I picked up Morris from New England as a flex back and could possibly start this coming week? But I also have Derrick Ward, who do you go with? Anyone else pick him up? I also picked up Shaun McDonald who has played well so far this year as my 3rd receiver in place of slumping Lee Evans, what do you guys think of that?

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Yeah but the Bengals actually have something you call call an offense. Not so sure about the Raiders. :redface:
    I agree with Garnett about Welker and Randle El.

15. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Colt D/ST @ Houston or Cowboys D/ST @ Chicago?

16. wide right

Welker against the Bills roughed up secondary in a heartbeat.

Please include your league scoring in the future as it may drastically affect a player's value. I'd stick with Jones this week.

The Texans will play the Colts tough. Chicago has looked like crap. I'd go Cowboys.

17. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

OK...for one league my flex spot this week is between Derrick Ward against the Redskins or Sammy Morris against the Bills. Who do you go with?

Rushing TD's- 6 PTS for a TD
    Rushing Yards- 1 PT for every 10 yards rushing

Receving TD and Yards are the same as well.

For my other league is Cotchery, Jones and Boldin....for my flex spot.

But I also have Fitzgerald...who do you start at your other WR spot opposite Harrison? Fitzgerald, Boldin or Cotchery? Right now I have Harrison and Boldin as my WR and Jones as my flex.

Scoring is the exact same as my other league.

18. wide right

Sammy Morris. He did pretty good last year against Buffalo late in the season for Miami and he's been getting 15 carries a game through 2 weeks. Buffalo's run D is nonexistant. If this game gets ugly, Maroney will be rested and Morris will get a load of carries.

Brandon, Matt or Jacoby Jones?

Harrison and Fitzgerald at WR and Cotchery at flex. Unless your Jones is Jacoby, then him at flex.

19. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

None of those three Jones....it's Thomas Jones the RB.....why do you say Fitzgerald over Boldin? Fitzgerald has been off to a slow start, and I think Boldin gets targeted more because Rolle will probably be covering him. Sorry I should have cleared up the whole Jones thing but it is Thomas Jones...I guess that will change your opinion up a bit.

20. wide right

Fitzgerald has been targeted 21 times to Boldin's 18 so there's not really much of a discrepancy there. One of those two will find the endzone this week I have a feeling. Go with your gut.
    Since Thomas Jones is your Jones, I'd go with him at flex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.