Week 12 MNF: New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills @ Detroit

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ragman, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Oddsmakers have this game off the board.

Discuss.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

The bills have had a rough week. This will be a tough game for them

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Jets have had a tougher week. They still are the Jets.

markaz likes this.
  4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Will anyone other than Bills' fans be watching this game?

5. ragman

Hope this game at a neutral site and the following short week doesn't cost them a playoff berth.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

The bills were a Longshot for the postseason anyway. There are 10 teams in the afc with better records.

7. DawkinsINT

This announcing crew is awful.

8. DawkinsINT

Robert Woods has had a couple of really nice catches this game, including the touchdown.

9. DawkinsINT

And right after I post that he has a great one-handed grab.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Jets fa...HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA yeah I can't even seriously type that.

11. markaz

I omitted them in my comment for same reason you can't even type it. They don't exist.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was watching it. Now watching Saints/Ravens. I like having two games on Monday Night. I like it better than Thursday Nights.

13. DawkinsINT

Same here. It was nice how this game went to halftime right as the other one started.

86WARD likes this.
  14. markaz

They could have played both at 2:00am and it still would be better than Thursdays.

86WARD likes this.
  15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rex Ryan can't possibly be head coach of the Jets next year...right?

16. DawkinsINT

He will be if the decision is left to me. :)

17. markaz

espn.go.com headline from January 2014:

Rex Ryan gets multiyear extension

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, whose job appeared to be in danger late in the season, signed a contract extension Thursday, the team confirmed.

Ryan won't be a lame-duck coach next season. He signed a multiyear extension through at least 2016, league and team sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. However, it's a complex deal that doesn't offer as much security as it appears.

Initially, the Jets wanted to offer a one-year extension to Rex Ryan -- but the coach wanted more than a year. Their new "multiyear" contract is the best of both worlds, Rich Cimini writes.

The contract is based heavily on incentives for postseason victories. There's a wrinkle in that the deal isn't fully guaranteed after 2015, according to a league source, meaning the Jets could fire Ryan without having to eat a huge amount of money.

The Jets didn't release any details regarding the extension. Ryan had one year remaining on a deal he reworked in 2010, which paid him about $3 million annually.

"I'm no different than any of our fans: I'm an ordinary guy that's been given an unbelievable opportunity," Ryan said in a statement released by the team. "I've said all along, 'I'm glad to be a Jet. I'm happy to be a Jet.' That's never changed. I know what we all want and we're striving to get there. But it's not about me. We're already into our off-season planning. There are a lot of areas where we can improve and we can't wait to get this thing rolling." ( :ROTFLMAO: )

Rational thought says Rex is toast. If they do keep him and you care to contact the Jets, Woody Johnson's address is 462 1st Ave, New York, NY 10016.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nothing guaranteed though...but I'd like to say I'm happy they would keep him and say it's one less team the Steelers have to worry about...but I can't really go there...lol.

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

just think how bad the score would have been if the bills got to practice.i watched the whole game jets looked awful the whole game.

20. ragman

Looks like both the Ryan bros will be jobless before too long.