Week 16 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Dec 18, 2019.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not really any games of interest this week...haha. I didn't realize until yesterday that this was the week they stopped the Thursday game for Saturday games.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The saturday triple header looks interesting!! All games have playoff implications.

As for the NFC East Championship game, I don't understand why it wasn't flexed to Sunday night. Perhaps because the first match-up was on sunday night? Is there a rule against repeating the same game in prime time?

I'm so ready for Garrett's Cowboys to lay one final egg in the biggest stage. The whole decade has prepared me for this. No better way to end the 10s.

3. DawkinsINT

I heard on the radio that FOX blocked the game from getting flexed to Sunday night. I'm glad it wasn't. Sunday night games are rough for me since I wake up early on Mondays.

And what seems to happen daily....another Eagles player is injured. LB Kamu Grugier-Hill is now done for the year. Ugh.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Lane Johnson is officially out. Damn....this one really stings. DeMarcus Lawrence will probably have a field day.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dak is more banged up than he's letting out. His shoulder, wrist and index finger in his throwing arm are all somehow hurt. A shame since the Eagles' secondary is also banged up and Zeke hasn't been himself this year...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Zeke always kills the Eagles even when their run defense is excellent against everyone else. With Dak not being 100% I hope the Eagles crowd the line and the middle of the field so that Dak is forced to throw outside.

I certainly won't ever wish him success as long as he's a Cowboy, but I've kind of gotten to like Dak as a person the more I hear him talk.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dak the person is an awesome dude I'd love to hang out with. Everybody in the locker room would take a bullet for him. There were reports back in 2016, once Romo got healthy...one captain said to Jerry and Garrett that if Dak was benched there would've been a mutiny. And I totally believe it.

That's the leverage that allows him to ask for 40 million dollars per year and don't even blink.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

I wanted to stay up late last night so I could sleep late this morning to make the game come sooner. I ended up falling asleep at 8:30 last night and woke up at 5:30 this morning lol. It’s going to be forever until kick off.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Twitter went absolutely bonkers on Saturday after watching Jameis throw pick after godforsaken pick.

How could I NOT write about it...

sportschump.net/2019/12/22/twitter-celebrates-roller-coaster-ride-jameis-winston/21494/

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

So many hilarious tweets. Good stuff.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hi, Dawk, Chump and Kurt. Merry Christmas!!

PS: Dawk, you better beat the 49ers if you face them in the playoffs. I'll be rooting for you

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

I'm not thinking about playoffs yet. We struggled with the Giants a few weeks ago. Most NFC East thing ever would be for both the Eagles and Cowboys to lose this week. My brother and best friend are 49ers fans so it would be fun to play them though.

Merry Christmas to you all!