Week 17 Championships - Yay Or Nay?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Greg Brosh, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I don't know why, but it irks me to no end when I see leagues hold their championships on Week 17. With players resting for the playoffs, I never understood what commish's see in making THAT week the title round.

Am I the only one? Just too many variables. A championship based on backups.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Week 17 fantasy championships are a thumbs down to me. God knows what players will be rested that week. Week 16 is the latest fantasy championships should be played.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yes this sucks balls big time.
    Last year I was in championship game and some of my players didn't play because their team had clinched and only played a qtr or two.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Never in a million years would I schedule a week 17 championship. That bullcrap is even starting to threaten week 16.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I was thinking about that to. This year doesn't look as bad. The Seahawks are the only team who might be able to afford their guys taking rest in Week 16 if they win their next 2.

6. Doctor Claw

Doctor Claw Rookie

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's dumb and if a league did that, I wouldn't be a part of it...the other thing that sucks is when they make it a Week 16 & 17 combined...just silly.