Week 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 2, 2019.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

With the lack of serious hitting in training camp and starters not playing much in preseason, this is typically when we start to see who teams truly are.

A couple of big games in the NFC: Hawks-Rams & Packers-Cowboys.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's always scary to play Rodgers and the Packers, especially now that they have a better defense. It'll be interesting to see how the boys rebound after last week's loss.

Also, Jay Gruden just admitted he has no plan against the Patriots. I think he's really surprised he hasn't been fired yet.

3. DawkinsINT

I hope Gruden never gets fired.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Seems like I missed a hell of a game last night. That Russell Wilson is having some kind of year.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I caught the second half, and yes...second TNF in a row that actually is a good game. Russell Wilson is having an MVP year. Too bad Mahomes is also playing. Goff is having a bad year after getting paid and the Rams defense looks off. Aaron Donald is taking too many plays off and when he's on the field, teams even triple-team him (I saw a quadruple-team on him once), and nobody else gets free. They won't get very far playing like that...

6. DawkinsINT

I saw this stat earlier today and it surprised me about the exact amount of lack of help Rodgers has received:

Since the start of 2018, Aaron Rodgers had thrown 31 touchdowns against only 3 interceptions and the Green Bay Packers are 9-10-1

7. DawkinsINT

The Eagles won by 25, but it was lethargic as hell. Very disappointed that the offense wasn't crisp. I'm glad they are giving Howard more runs now though. 10 sacks is nice, but that Jets offense is horrific.

8. DawkinsINT

Dammit.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm seriously downgrading my expectations to another one-and-done in the playoffs. This Cowboys team just can't beat the contenders. Next week we'll beat the Jets 48-0 or something and the Super Bowl whispers will come back, but I know better. Such a great roster, wasted away with one of the worst coaches I've ever seen...

10. DawkinsINT

The 49ers looked damn impressive last night. It will be interesting to see them play the Rams next week.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And I can't believe the Browns are this bad after all the hype...