Week 7 picks (ugh!)

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SportsChump, Oct 16, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Well, football camp obviously didn’t work for me.

I was kicked out for sleeping late, not paying enough attention and hitting on one too many counselors in training. Oh, how I long for the luxurious setting of my cardboard box but with my misguided wagers, I can’t even afford that anymore. Man, I’d kill for that view.

As it stands, I am ten whole games behind my partner, KP, who I really don’t much like anymore.

My current state of affairs reminds me of a scene in one of the more forgotten yet solid comedies of our time called Keeping the Faith. In the film, Ben Stiller plays a rabbi while his running mate Ed Norton plays a priest. Both take a more progressive approach to their religions.

In the scene in question, Stiller coaches a young bar mitzvah boy who can’t quite put together his haftorah reading. He’s hitting tunes more off-key than your average, drunken karaoke lineup. In an attempt to encourage the young lad, Rabbi Stiller teaches him to “suck with style” and “embrace his suckiness.”

The picks are in: http://sportschump.net/2014/10/16/nfl-week-seven-spread-pick-em-sportschump-vs-kp-vs-duck/14587/

2. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

LOL the Giants could lose this game and still make the playoffs. the first 8 games haven't even been played yet and they are only 2 games down.

Dallas being 5-1 doesn't convince anyone that they are remotely close to being a super bowl contender. Lots of cliché sports bravado here for nothing

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

So Rams, you think the Giants will make the playoffs and Dallas won't?

What about Philly?

If those three make the post-season that leave no spots for any other NFC teams, i.e. San Fran/Seattle, Atlanta/NO/Carolina, etc.

I'm not hatin' on the Giants. I'm just callin' em and as I see 'em and they haven't proven to me they're a team that can compete with the best of 'em in the NFC.

Feel free to discuss.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't ask him for a prediction...lol